01-02-08, 06:53 AM   #1
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Post Pet Bar Not Shown

Okay so for classes that regularly use a pet, I have no problem. I can see the pet bar, the abilities, and everything.

However, for something like my Warrior - I can't see my pet bar. For some of you, you might question when I would ever want to show the pet bar. Well, for fights like the Chess Event in Karazhan, having a pet bar is mandatory. And for fights like the one in Black Temple, pet bars are mandatory.
Similarly, if I'm on my Rogue and use engineering to take control of something mechanical with the remote, I don't see the pet bar.

About the only thing I can do to make up for this is CTRL+# where I press a different # trying to execute different commands, while not really knowing what ability I'm trying to use.

So if anyone could tell me how to enable the visualization of my pet bar when on *all* of my characters, that would be great. Or actually, showing the pet bar when I have a pet active, heh.
01-02-08, 07:02 AM   #2
tattooedpierre
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AFAIK there is a bug with the pet bar and tainting. As in, it taints too easily which can be the cause of your problem.

That being said, you should usually be able to remove/update a particular mod which is the culprit. Easiest way to do this is to activate the taint log in WoW using:

/console taintLog 1

.. and see if anything shows up in there. The log itself is in your WoW directory, in the Logs forlder.

In all cases of the PetBar disappearing, this macro code should bring it back:

/run PetActionBarFrame:SetAttribute("unit","pet") RegisterUnitWatch(PetActionBarFrame)
01-02-08, 07:48 AM   #3
Bdro
A Cyclonian
This taintlog that you refer to, is this an addon or something that is already a part of WoW? Because I tried using '/console taintLog 1' and nothing happened. For addon errors I use BugSack which I think is part of the Mazzle Addons. BugSack isn't showing any addon errors. I didn't see anything in my Logs folder either.

I think the problem might have something to do with Bongos, but despite my efforts, I haven't been able to fix it.
01-02-08, 08:04 AM   #4
tattooedpierre
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Bdro
This taintlog that you refer to, is this an addon or something that is already a part of WoW? Because I tried using '/console taintLog 1' and nothing happened. For addon errors I use BugSack which I think is part of the Mazzle Addons. BugSack isn't showing any addon errors. I didn't see anything in my Logs folder either.

I think the problem might have something to do with Bongos, but despite my efforts, I haven't been able to fix it.
It's part of WoW, and it wouldnt do antying other than write to the logfile if an addon was tainting the UI. Tainting wont necessarily cause an error, but I would disable BugSack in case it's intercepting the tainlog info.

Once the taintlog is active, if anything goes awry, it should write the details into the log. If nothing is in there, I would suggest just using the macro code or downloading one of the few 'petbarfix' mods kicking around. They all try to stop the problem you describe.
01-02-08, 08:11 AM   #5
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Here's an image on my Rogue:

Where do you think I could find a Petbarfix mod btw?
01-04-08, 11:10 AM   #6
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Okay that command still didn't work, I'm unable to show my pet bar =\
01-04-08, 11:14 AM   #7
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Bdro, you have a different issue. Your petbar IS showing, just the abilities are not being displayed. This is a known issue with Bongos, and there is no current fix. You could upgrade to Bongos2 to fix the issue, but Bongos2 is not supported in MazzleUI.
01-04-08, 03:03 PM   #8
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Yeah what you said sounds pretty accurate, does that mean I'm pretty much screwed then if MazzleUI doesn't support Bongos2?
01-04-08, 04:40 PM   #9
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have this same issue on my warrior. The pet bar shows up just not icons/spells in the slots. Not sure whats up but it sucks ass on chess event.
04-12-08, 01:17 PM   #10
piranther
A Murloc Raider
Missign pet bar for "possessed" mobs (i.e. Chess Event)

If you are on WoW 2.4 and Bongos3, then I believe I have found the answer.

http://forums.piramod.com/YaBB.pl?num=1206488658

Last edited by piranther : 04-12-08 at 01:28 PM.
04-12-08, 03:55 PM   #11
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Wow, you dug this thread up. I don't use Bongos 3, instead I fixed this pet issue by following what another poster recommended. Downloading this very, very simple mod. ActionPetBar
http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/9412/
04-15-08, 10:24 AM   #12
JeriCurl
A Murloc Raider

Talking

Originally Posted by Bdro View Post
Okay so for classes that regularly use a pet, I have no problem. I can see the pet bar, the abilities, and everything.

However, for something like my Warrior - I can't see my pet bar. For some of you, you might question when I would ever want to show the pet bar. Well, for fights like the Chess Event in Karazhan, having a pet bar is mandatory. And for fights like the one in Black Temple, pet bars are mandatory.
Similarly, if I'm on my Rogue and use engineering to take control of something mechanical with the remote, I don't see the pet bar.

About the only thing I can do to make up for this is CTRL+# where I press a different # trying to execute different commands, while not really knowing what ability I'm trying to use.

So if anyone could tell me how to enable the visualization of my pet bar when on *all* of my characters, that would be great. Or actually, showing the pet bar when I have a pet active, heh.
Check out this thread and look for me post
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15840

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pet Bar Not Shown