05-20-10, 10:52 PM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alternative to Atlas?

With Atlas losing its developer, is there another addon that features instance data or even just instance maps? I'm using Carbonite but I would like to continue to have the "full-view" of the dungeon to refer to. Atlas works ok for this purpose, but I would really like to be able to turn off instance data and just have a small map of the entire instance up. It's easy to view the minimap at maximum instance scale while referring to the "overview" map to reference myself in the dungeon.

I noticed Mapster only has instance maps for Northrend. Is there a crossover between Mapster and Atlas... one that simply has all the instances mapped?
05-20-10, 10:58 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Technically, Mapster doesn't have the instance maps, the default client does as of the 3.0 expansion. That's why they're only for WotLK dungeons. But, if you like, there is AlphaMap: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ns-update.aspx
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-21-10, 03:26 AM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So the default client has instance maps like Atlas? And Mapster can display these also? I must be doing something wrong because I cannot find any way to see the maps without using Atlas. I will check out AlphaMap (it actually looks like something I used pre-BC before I quit WoW).
05-21-10, 04:38 AM   #4
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The default client has instance maps for only the northrend dungeons. And the way to access them is to hit M on the keyboard, when inside of the instance, similar to accessing the world map. Mapster has no instance maps in its install and it only modifies the world map.
05-21-10, 06:32 AM   #5
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

YSSBossLoot works very well, but it's only for Northrend dungeons and raids (for now). Hopefully Yssaril hasn't abandoned the project.

Last edited by Dainton : 05-21-10 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Realized he wanted it for the maps and not the loot :x Sorry!
05-21-10, 06:50 AM   #6
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I downloaded and fooled around with AlphaMap for a bit. It works exactly how I was wanting. I am able to place the instance map next to my minimap (which is huge because I use two screens) and I am easily able to reference where I am at in the instance using the two maps. I'm going to post up a new view up my UI in the pictures thread.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Alternative to Atlas?