Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-02-15, 09:13 AM   #1
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Big Taint thread

Since many of the addons suffer from taints, and it's very hard to track some of them, i tought it would be a good idea to make a thread to create the list of the most common taints, and how to avoid them.
If any of you have more usefull information from any of the existing taints, i would like to ask you to share it in this thread.

Dropdown taint

Error Message: [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "AddonName" tried to call the protected function "CompactRaidFrame1-8:Show()".

Caused by: This taint happens when you use Blizzard's built in dropdown menu templates from the UIDropDownMenu.lua, UIDropDownMenuTemplates.xml and EasyMenu.lua. The taint sooner or later will spread to the CompactRaidFrames, because it's using the same templates when you right click on raid members. Additionally it can also infect the Battleground dropdown queues, making it impossible to queue to battlegrounds.

Spread by: UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedName, UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedValue, UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedID calls.

Fix: Use NoTaint UIDropDownMenu instead of the Blizzard ones, or use your own customly created dropdowns.

ActionButton taint

Error Message: [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'AddonName' tried to call the protected function 'ActionButton1-12:Show()'.

Caused by: It's pretty similar to the dropdown taint, mostly spread by using templates from ActionBarFrame.xml, ActionButton.lua and ActionButtonTemplate.xml. Also can be caused by ActionButton_ShowOverlayGlow and ActionButton_HideOverlayGlow API calls.

Spread by: ActionButton_ShowOverlayGlow, ActionButton_HideOverlayGlow calls.

Fix: I have a half-fix notaint template lib coming for this soon.

More coming soon...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » The Big Taint thread