11-21-13, 08:03 PM   #1
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Link item as I type

Is there addon to link item as I type the [name] like Ludwig? I like this add on very much, used it until wtlk but doesn't work anymore in pandaria...

Thanks!
11-21-13, 09:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ludwig was last updated in March for WoW patch 5.2...
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...74-Ludwig.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-22-13, 04:18 AM   #3
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Curseforge says it was updated 2 days ago: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ludwig/files/ but as I said, it's not working as expected, most features don't work...

Last edited by jjforums : 11-22-13 at 04:34 AM.
11-22-13, 09:47 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
(1) If you want anything to be done about a problem, you need to be a lot more specific about what the problem is than "it's not working as expected". What action are you performing? What do you expect to happen? What is actually happening? Is there an error message? Do you have Lua error display turned on? Do you have the same problem(s) when all other addons are disabled? Have you reported the problem(s) to the addon's author?

(2) I've never tried Ludwig, but I do use Linkepedia for the feature you described in your original post. The latest version is about a year old, but it works just fine. The only thing is that you'll need to manually change the "highest possible item number" value in the code if you want to link newer items. Open Linkepedia.lua in Notepad or another plain-text editor, and change these numbers near the top:

Code:
LNKPD_MAX_ITEM_ID               = 100000;
LNKPD_MAX_SPELL_ID              = 150000;
Save the file, reload your UI in-game if you're already logged in, and then rebuild your database ("/linkepedia build" if it's your first time, or "/linkepedia expand" if you've already built your database). If it's your first time loading the addon, it will prompt you at login to build your database; just click the start button and let it run.
11-22-13, 11:12 PM   #5
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I reported the problem, the author said he fixed it. Thanks.

I tried Linkepedia too, but in autocomplete doesn't work in tabbed whisper... The spell thing I forgot to expand, thanks to give the tip.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Link item as I type