05-01-09, 07:12 PM   #1
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

4 fps

Today I am averaging 4 fps with Carbonite enabled (I'm 30+ fps w/o it).

My computer is slowly dying, so it may just not be able to handle Carbonite anymore, but I don't know.. still seems kind of strange, I guess.

05-01-09, 10:23 PM   #2
thunndaar
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Today I am averaging 4 fps with Carbonite enabled (I'm 30+ fps w/o it).

My computer is slowly dying, so it may just not be able to handle Carbonite anymore, but I don't know.. still seems kind of strange, I guess.
you posted no information regarding your computer specs or carbonite

05-01-09, 11:11 PM   #3
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by thunndaar View Post
you posted no information regarding your computer specs or carbonite
What difference do my computer specs make? It's worked fine for over a month now. I've tried running just Carbonite with all video settings on low and I still get under 10 fps. All settings on medium-high with all my mods enabled and I average 30 fps.

The problem is clearly with Carbonite..

05-02-09, 03:31 AM   #4
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
What difference do my computer specs make? It's worked fine for over a month now. I've tried running just Carbonite with all video settings on low and I still get under 10 fps. All settings on medium-high with all my mods enabled and I average 30 fps.

The problem is clearly with Carbonite..
Not necessarily, which is why you need to provide more details.

Carbonite has 0 impact on my fps so using the same logic you are using I could just rebut and say it's clearly NOT carbonite.

Neither one of us would be necessarily correct because the logic is flawed. Potentially you could have a hardware issue that causes your problem and something unique to carbonite is why you see the issue when carbonite is running. That doesn't make it a problem with carbonite though, if the underlying issue is hardware.

Let me give you an example using my own system. I have high end memory that requires higher voltage than the default settings my bios assigns to it. If I do not manually increase the voltage for my memory I will get frequent crashes but ONLY when playing high end games that push my system to the limit. When I originally discovered this problem I only had a single game that would cause this crash. With your logic, I should have concluded that the game was the problem and needed a patch. That was absolutely not the case, and no amount of patches would have solved my problem because the CAUSE was my memory voltage, and not the game at all.

You could also have a different addon causing problems in conflict with carbonite, but it sounds like you are saying your problem exists even with all addons other than carbonite enabled.

Anyway, you do need to give more details if you actually want your problem solved. Your snotty reply when asked for those details doesn't help your case any.

Last edited by stormkeep : 05-02-09 at 03:35 AM.

05-02-09, 08:12 PM   #5
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I gave up on waiting. Fresh install fixed it. I guess I was right.

Last edited by Spectro : 05-02-09 at 08:45 PM.

05-03-09, 10:24 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fresh install of what? The game? Carbonite? Installing addon files again actually does nothing settings wise, since all addon settings are in files in the folders in the WTF folder.

05-04-09, 01:40 PM   #7
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I meant I deleted the WTF files as well as the addon files (just in case one file may have conflicted with another, or something).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 4 fps