10-01-13, 09:59 PM   #1
jeresmith25
A Murloc Raider
Game lagging when map is open

I am using version 5.4.0 1r1 and when I have my map open and try to turn in, accept quests the game will lag for about 10 seconds then come back to normal. Also if I am just moving around (flying, ground mount, running) I get small twitches in the game like lag. This does not change based on my graphics settings.

Thanks for any help with this!!!

When I say lags for 10 seconds I mean it stops responding.

10-03-13, 08:34 AM   #2
gracebie
A Kobold Labourer
It might be due to fault in computer graphics world that's not recommended for the game that makes the script working imperfectly. Glitches in a platform game may show error of invisible wall collision errors, sprite errors, freezes, image problems, and others.

So all you have to check your hardware and re-install graphics drivers can fix your problem. Also have a look to game requirements for running on PC platform and can fix your error.

If you are unable to fix this problem even if Graphic drivers are up-to-date. Then best and easy solution is to use system utility program PC Fresher

10-03-13, 08:40 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Unfortunately, there have been a handful of reports like your own that the game lags when turning in quests, or using the map... but no one has been able to narrow down what causes it, and there has been no errors generated so it's been extremely difficult to diagnose and fix, double since it doesn't occur for me, so even trying to change the code to fix it... I have no idea if it does or not.

Gracebie's answer does have some merit tho, and it is something i've been thinking about lately, what are your PC specs? it could be something i'm doing is CPU heavy, which is why i don't see it, and I'll need to figure out which part and how to fix it... it could even be the profile timers for all I know.. maybe i'll get someone experiencing it to comment out those lines and test if it fixes it.

10-03-13, 10:02 AM   #4
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's always the possibility it might be another addon causing the problem, either on its own, or by not playing nice with Carbonite.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".

10-03-13, 01:04 PM   #5
jeresmith25
A Murloc Raider
It only happens when the map is open. IF its closed I can turn in quests and play all day with no lagging or not responding. I keep my graphics down (besides viewing distance) unless I am raiding, but that's mostly cause I usually run more than one instance of wow. Even running more than 1 I have no problems until I open the map.

PC specs shouldn't be the problem, but here is what I have...

3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3820
velociraptor 250gig hard drive
16gig rams
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

I guess my next step is to go through my addons one at a time mixed with carbonite and see if any of them are lagging it out...

10-07-13, 11:34 AM   #6
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I looked up your graphics card which has a very impressive description, so I have to agree that your computer specs are probably not the problem, though I would do a reinstall of the drivers just to make sure all the bases are covered. No matter how powerful your equipment is, if your graphics driver has become corrupt for any reason (usually at no fault of the user) it won't work to its best abilities.

Also, check your graphics card settings to see if there is a way to disable or adjust it's "GPU boost" feature. While NVIDIA is one of the best (if not the best) graphics card designer on the market, it does have a history of introducing new features that promise great things but deliver less than satisfactory results. Here is the link to the "Features" section of the site for your card: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...x-680/features.

So I would look into this feature and the other settings for your graphics card to see if there is a way to fix this problem. It would at least rule out or confirm the hardware end of your troubleshooting of this problem. I'm voting it would rule it out.

Beyond that, I agree that checking to see if other addons are causing a lag problem with Carbonite is a good idea and may help you solve the issue. If you raid a lot with two instances of WoW on, there may be some addons you use that are contributing to this problem. If you find that to be the case, hopefully they will have an option for enabling/disabling them in game that can be set up with a macro.

You may also find completely removing Carbonite and reinstalling it may be the fix your looking for, especially if you have only pasted or installed new versions over the previous ones. With the latest update, it would be a good time to do this.

Good luck, I hope you find the problem or the latest update or a future update of Carbonite will eliminate this problem.

(note: I envy your system.)

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 10-19-13 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added suggestion to remove/reinstall Carbonite

10-17-13, 05:26 AM   #7
Phydeux
A Murloc Raider
It's not your graphics. It's not other addons.

It's lack of updating on Carbonites part.

LUA writing has changed, and the author(s) refuse to update it, so things like this happen.

The main part, quest tracking, is so fouled up now, it is unusable. FPS drops to <2FPS when Auto-track is enabled.

Time to find a addon that works.

10-17-13, 06:52 PM   #8
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

that's funny, i have an older system, i run about 8-10 add-ons and i have no issue with lag. You should also want to consider that Rythal has a job and other real life responsibilities. He has done a heroic job rewriting this add-on in his spare time. So if you don't get a response within a day of posting, you may want to remember his real life commitments

10-18-13, 10:29 PM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Phydeux View Post
It's not your graphics. It's not other addons.

It's lack of updating on Carbonites part.

LUA writing has changed, and the author(s) refuse to update it, so things like this happen.

The main part, quest tracking, is so fouled up now, it is unusable. FPS drops to <2FPS when Auto-track is enabled.

Time to find a addon that works.
Refuse? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

10-19-13, 07:38 AM   #10
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was wondering what part of lua writing had changed....?

Also, you don't have to use Carb's quest module.. You can disable it if you wish..

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 10-19-13 at 07:41 AM.

10-20-13, 01:15 AM   #11
Phydeux
A Murloc Raider
Not just questing...

Try to "go to" a spot, same result.

Obviously, Blizz has changed something, and Carbonite Beta hasn't kept up. Reg Carbonite won't even update the map if tracking or goto is set.

Basically, all Carbonite is now is a replacement map, with no usable features. And a HUGE memory footprint.

10-22-13, 03:19 AM   #12
BillieJackFu
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Phydeux View Post
Not just questing...

Try to "go to" a spot, same result.

Obviously, Blizz has changed something, and Carbonite Beta hasn't kept up. Reg Carbonite won't even update the map if tracking or goto is set.

Basically, all Carbonite is now is a replacement map, with no usable features. And a HUGE memory footprint.
Um Carbonite has been taken over by Rythal from the original authors, make sure you're downloading the Alpha release. Carbonite II has been completely revamped and re-written. The LUA is fine, you probably don't have the correct version installed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Game lagging when map is open