12-08-09, 03:33 PM   #1
Republic
Paladin

Random Thoughts - Patch 3.3

1) It's good the game is a step closer to being the complete product used in advertising over these past several months.

2) I'm pleased that the loading screen now properly scales with my display/driver settings. Not that it means much, but to have something finally work correctly made me think about weeping a bit.

3) Given the fact I can't get past the loading screen, well, I have no other thoughts.

Quest lines for epic weapons, grinding reputations, farming for mats, "end game raids" released right before the next expansion hits...ah yes, the game is familiar once again. My only anticipation at this point is whether or not people will stop visiting IC when they can power level their new dog boys. I'd guess yes.

I can't wait to get past the new loading screen to do stuff I've already done a few hundred other times. Such limited thinking in such an unlimited platform...things that make you go hmmmm.

Onward soldiers! We shall bust through this loading screen very soon! I promise!
12-08-09, 03:50 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
3) Given the fact I can't get past the loading screen, well, I have no other thoughts.

I can't wait to get past the new loading screen to do stuff I've already done a few hundred other times. Such limited thinking in such an unlimited platform...things that make you go hmmmm.

Onward soldiers! We shall bust through this loading screen very soon! I promise!
I got through about 45 minutes ago, I logged out to grab a few more addons, and BOOM /kick
12-08-09, 03:56 PM   #3
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't feel to bad, First I couldn't get past the login screen, then I couldn't log in at all. =(
12-08-09, 03:59 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

I managed to get to the Realm selection screen. This is where I shall camp until further notice!
12-08-09, 03:59 PM   #5
Republic
Paladin

Yeah, I also like how their own website is "offline for maintenance". That's bogus. We all know they're dodging flames over another lousy job of implementing a patch.
12-08-09, 04:00 PM   #6
Amenity
Wait...you guys are getting to a loading screen? You bastards...

The longest I've ever been "connected" to something and not be doing anything.

To be honest, I'm actually enjoying all the issues. It's an excellent excuse to ignore all the whiners and not have my UI/addons updated.
12-08-09, 04:03 PM   #7
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Since I keep getting kicked back to the login screen, I'm taking the time to watch the Cinematics again.

Takes you back to why you love Warcraft...
12-08-09, 04:06 PM   #8
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yeah, I also like how their own website is "offline for maintenance". That's bogus. We all know they're dodging flames over another lousy job of implementing a patch.
Some people are really spoiled. The rest of us remember the days of EQ, SWG, and others when new patches could mean days of outages.....
12-08-09, 04:09 PM   #9
Amenity
Originally Posted by ricks322 View Post
Some people are really spoiled. The rest of us remember the days of EVE Online, when new patches just meant there were even more places for people to destroy your ship and take all your stuff...which you can't get back (unlike WoW).
Ah, memories...
12-08-09, 04:13 PM   #10
Starkey
A Defias Bandit
I got in and managed to use the random dungeon looker and got a grp within 10sec's which is awesome, no more waiting for tanks etc or healers, got too second boss in halls of lightning bam disconnected boohoo, but im excited about the 0 downtime looking for groups
12-08-09, 04:14 PM   #11
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
frustrating that the game client news window is empty/absent, and the web site is down. 5 years down the road, and some things still have not changed (i.e. unscheduled downtime, with the associated factual vacuum... for a "service provider" these are functionally equivalent to "newbie mistakes").

i will go do something else for a while... hey, i have an Ace3 port of Aloft to work on... yeah, that's the ticket!
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
12-08-09, 04:16 PM   #12
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by ricks322 View Post
Some people are really spoiled. The rest of us remember the days of EQ, SWG, and others when new patches could mean days of outages.....
and yet some of us thought EQ sucked from day 1 and uninstalled it during the initial trial. Similar to how I feel about Aion, although unlike EQ, that piece has never seen any of my hard drives.

Nostalgia is no excuse for repeating your mistakes. I think even chimpanzees can eventually learn that circle pegs wont fit into square holes, etc. Know what I mean?
12-08-09, 04:17 PM   #13
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Starkey View Post
I got in and managed to use the random dungeon looker and got a grp within 10sec's which is awesome, no more waiting for tanks etc or healers, got too second boss in halls of lightning bam disconnected boohoo, but im excited about the 0 downtime looking for groups
Yeah, let the ninja'ing without consequence take on a whole new level of existence! But yeah, it sounds good on paper. Then again, Blizzard as a company used to look good on paper too.
12-08-09, 04:21 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You are welcome to no longer play WoW, you know, Republic.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-08-09, 04:29 PM   #15
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You are welcome to no longer play WoW, you know, Republic.
that's the kind of limited thinking which never progresses anything. Honestly, why state the obvious? Are you related to the Blizz dev team? I believe that's the only mentality which drives them. "Okay guys, we can continue to fail with every patch release and ignore bugs over several patches and continue recycling the same ideas over and over again. Hey, if they don't like the garbage, they can always move on. Our garbage is good enough for us. We sure are lucky there are no serious competitors..."

See what I mean?

Last edited by Republic : 12-08-09 at 04:31 PM.
12-08-09, 04:37 PM   #16
Sinjyn
A Defias Bandit
I agree with Republic, where is the communication to us, you know, the people who fund them? I've been playing this game (although off and on) since day one and things haven't changed with the bad patches and lack of communication. Blizzard must be a great place to work with no accountability.
12-08-09, 04:44 PM   #17
deke913
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
yup, i agree they do this alot with the forums on patch days
12-08-09, 04:47 PM   #18
Amenity
that's the kind of limited thinking which never progresses anything. Honestly, why state the obvious? Are you related to the Blizz dev team? I believe that's the only mentality which drives them. "Okay guys, we can continue to fail with every patch release and ignore bugs over several patches and continue recycling the same ideas over and over again. Hey, if they don't like the garbage, they can always move on. Our garbage is good enough for us. We sure are lucky there are no serious competitors..."

See what I mean?
It's not "limited thinking", it's the truth. Blizzard is holding up their end of the deal (try reading the terms of service sometime).

A better analogy is that WoW is like owning a Saturn. Yes, it's made out of recycled milk jugs and isn't the best-looking, most reliable, or cheapest car on the road...but many people who own one love them.

If it's not for you, don't buy it. You can't have your cake, eat it, and then get pissed that your cake didn't "perform" in the manner you expected it to.
12-08-09, 04:51 PM   #19
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I'm going back to Fallout 3 for the evening, someone call me on the red phone when Elune is up mmk? Thanks!
12-08-09, 04:52 PM   #20
deke913
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i went the wow website and can look at screenshots, char art, the blizz store basically just about everything on the site...but oddly enough the forums are down for maintenance.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Random Thoughts - Patch 3.3