12-08-09, 10:58 PM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Fubar issues

I am having issues with fubar today. Nothing is where I want it and I cannot move anything. One bar has everything and the other is empty and I cant move things from bar to bar or even around in the bar Like i was used to doing.
12-08-09, 11:21 PM   #2
Forage
A Murloc Raider
Same starting to think it's time to move to LDB Plugins and Buttonbin.
12-08-09, 11:52 PM   #3
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hated LDB and this is the first time I have ever had a problem with fubar.
12-09-09, 12:22 AM   #4
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
Its most likely out dated since the patch went live... Just wait for the author to update it.
12-09-09, 01:17 AM   #5
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I guess. Thanks for the input.
12-09-09, 01:24 AM   #6
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fubar is an acronym for a reason.

Kidding aside, yes FuBar has NOT yet been updated for patch 3.3 last I checked, latest update looks to be about 4 months ago on their WoWAce page. Keep checking with them there and see when/if they update it, also bear in mind that just because (if) FuBar is updated, you plugin's may still need to be as well.
12-09-09, 07:32 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Hated LDB and this is the first time I have ever had a problem with fubar.
I can understand your frustration with LDB. As a Fubar to LDB convert, it took me awhile to find an LDB Display (there's at least a dozen different ones now) that I liked and was similar in look and feel to Fubar.

I did manage to find one that I instantly liked though. If you have the ambition to try it again, I would suggest taking a look at ChocolateBar. In my opinion, it's the closest in all regards to how Fubar works.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...erDisplay.html
12-09-09, 11:33 AM   #8
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Another that is almost identical to FuBar is Bazooka. It has yet to be updated here on WoWI (though I did bonk the author about that), but the version on Curse is for 3.3.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
12-09-09, 12:58 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is also DockingStation and NinjaPanel, depending on how heavy, or light, you wish to go on features.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-09, 01:06 PM   #10
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Another that is almost identical to FuBar is Bazooka. It has yet to be updated here on WoWI (though I did bonk the author about that), but the version on Curse is for 3.3.
Hi

I've uploaded the 3.3 compatible release (Bazooka-v1.7.1) here as well. I'm not in the mood to update the changelog/docs though, so check on wowace for those

cheers,
mitch
12-10-09, 06:37 AM   #11
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Took a look at bazooka and was faced with a bewildering array of tooltops all over my minimap I could not deal with.
12-10-09, 07:04 AM   #12
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Hey Harry.

Looks like Arrowmaster's updated Fubar for 3.3

So it should in theory work :

http://www.wowace.com/addons/fubar/files/558-v3-6-5/

3.6.4 should work and is updated on this site.

The major problem with Fubar is the code is apparently so convulted , complicated and just plain out dated in terms of the concepts used to code it with that very little authors on wowace.com really want to touch it anymore.

I think only Shefki & Arrowmaster only care about it. I think . Don't quote me on that

Now would be a good time to move to LDB which will make sense in the future as it unhitchs addons from having to worry about displaying the information they just have to support an LDB feed (which a lot of the major ones do these days)

For example.

Lets say I write an addon displaying time in other countries. I call it "InternationalClock" (yeah go me for unoriginal names)

Without LDB i would have to write a FubarInternationalClock and a Titan InternationalClock.

That's 2 more addons to support other then my main "InternationalClock" addon.

With LDB all I have to do is make "InternationalClock" spit out an LDB feed. I don't have to worry about how a user is going to get it up on there screen or how it's displayed.

It also means I don't have to support and update 2 extra addons.

Also to embeed Fubar is about 500k of memory while for LDB it's around 75k

But in saying that only change if you want to. I would start looking into replacing your Fubar addons now though because it's beginning to look like it'll get abandoned eventually.

Torhal will probably hit me with a hairsan and tell me it's dead now
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-10-09, 10:05 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
(psst... Blu - reminder not to link general users to wowace pages in case they get broken stuff that eats their babies and kills their kittens. That version was syndicated to Curse, anyway. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-10-09, 10:11 AM   #14
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
(psst... Blu - reminder not to link general users to wowace pages in case they get broken stuff that eats their babies and kills their kittens. That version was syndicated to Curse, anyway. )
Oh I posted that to show the Change Log saying it was updated for 3.3 .

It was updated on wowinterface but the change log hadn't been updated.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-10-09, 10:20 AM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ohhhhhkies

12-10-09, 10:58 AM   #16
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
ohhhhhkies
/gigantic-cow-lick-causing LICK

he he he like my avatar !
12-10-09, 11:39 AM   #17
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
Took a look at bazooka and was faced with a bewildering array of tooltops all over my minimap I could not deal with.
Hello,

Would you care expanding on that a bit? Bazooka has nothing to do with the minimap, so I'm a bit puzzled about this issue. If I understand you get tooltips all over your minimap?

thanks,
mitch

Edit: might it be that you still had Broker2Fubar installed?

Last edited by mitch0 : 12-10-09 at 01:48 PM.
12-10-09, 01:57 PM   #18
Aequi
A Cyclonian
did't fubar use to move the blizzards default buff/debuff bars down, when you have permanent bars at the top of the screen?

There IS a auto-adjust frames option, but it doesn't do anything, i think.
... did it ever?
12-10-09, 04:14 PM   #19
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
<snip>
I think only Shefki & Arrowmaster only care about it. I think . Don't quote me on that
<snip>
Nope. Arrowmaster is emphatic that it is dead. I think the only reason he "updated" it was so his eyes wouldn't bleed from all of the complaints.

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
Torhal will probably hit me with a hairsan and tell me it's dead now
Nah. I'll just keep dodging your walls-of-text and jabbing in occasionally.

At any rate: FuBar is being "held together" with paper clips and bubblegum. Go the LDB route before you are forced to when it actually gives up the ghost.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
12-10-09, 04:17 PM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am having issues with fubar today. Nothing is where I want it and I cannot move anything. One bar has everything and the other is empty and I cant move things from bar to bar or even around in the bar Like i was used to doing.
Grab the recently updated version (updated 10 hours ago from the time of my post) from Curse. See if that helps any.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Fubar issues