10-29-08, 11:50 AM   #1
lduvall
A Murloc Raider
Chat Loot Filter / Chat Message Filter Mod

Chat Loot Filter / Chat Message Filter Mod

The key feature I'm looking for here is the ability to filter the loot messages in the wow chat frames by rarity, so in a raid situation where you're trying to look back and see who looted what you don't have 1,516 messages of people looting netherweave cloth.

It would also be nice to have a feature to edit the output message and take out the "loots", so that I could get it to say something like:

[Billybob]: [Item of Power]
[You]: [Sword of Swordiness]

Does anyone know a mod that can do this? So far I've experimented with some combat log addons and some chat addons; Prat 3.0 has a filter feature but I'm having a hard time figuring it out, and I'm sure it doesn't have the ability to filter by rarity. HitsMode can edit the loot messages, but it doesn't have an option to edit the string itself that is displayed; it has a set format it does it in.

I fear that if I don't find a solution to this problem soon, the inconsequential nature of it will prompt me to forget entirely about it, and it will come back to nag me to death later. Help!

Lduvall
10-30-08, 07:37 AM   #2
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
This sounds like what XLoot Monitor does. Sadly, you need XLoot to run XLoot Monitor. It shows currently picked up items but not sure how far back it goes.

If anyone knows an XLoot Monitor equivalant that doesn't require other loot addons, please post it here :P
10-30-08, 11:05 AM   #3
lduvall
A Murloc Raider
Update of sorts

Thanks for the suggestion; trying it out now. I like the format of Butsu more than Xloot though, so I'll have to see if picking that up means I have to drop Butsu.

I wanted to mention one other addon I came across: BadgeBlocker, by Tamaroth. It allows you to filter loot messages other than your own by individual items. The obvious example is the Badge of Justice; in most cases, you really only need to see that you yourself looted it.

That still leaves the problem of all those useless greens that drop in raids though; most of which do not need to be seen except maybe if you loot one yourself. I requested that he add a filter for item rarity, and he said he would look into it.

I'd still like to know if anyone knows an addon that can edit the message that's displayed when someone loots an item. If anyone knows of another addon that can do this, lemme know.

Lduvall

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat Loot Filter / Chat Message Filter Mod