06-03-09, 06:34 PM   #1
Jennaysm
A Murloc Raider
Bartender4 Paging

I'm trying to get Bartender4 to sort of.. permanently page? I use three specs. PvE ret as my main spec, then either holy or pvp ret for my dual spec. I'm getting tired of having to set up my action bars again as I change my dual spec. I only use bars 1,2,3, and 4 (this one is hidden) for my action bars. I would like to change it so I can page bar 1 to bar 5, bar 2 to 6, and bar 3 to 7. And have all of my third spec abilities on those bars. I can't seem to get each bar to page independently. If I try paging to bar 5, they all page to bar 5. Any idea how to do this?

Any alternate suggestions would be nice too.

**no I don't ever change my main spec, I need to be ready at all times to come to a raid
06-03-09, 10:15 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately the switching of bars when you change spec is a blizzard set up and I am not sure any addon could stop that. However, from memory as I don't use bar addons anymore, I believe you can tell bartender which bar to switch to under certain circumstance. Unfortunately changing gear for PVP ret isn't one of the triggers so you would have to change that bar yourself. Changing from ret to holy should change to the respective bars accordingly.

It threw me off the first few times it happened to me but once set up you know the right spells are then when you need them on each spec.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-04-09, 12:47 AM   #3
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
Rather than using paging I would suggest setting up three different profiles with descriptive names, i.e. PvP Ret, Raid Holy, Raid Ret, etc. This way you set the bars up how you want it one last time for each spec and then you can just swap them out by switching your profile.
06-04-09, 03:38 AM   #4
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yup, using profiles is definitely the best way to do this, rather than paging of bars.
06-04-09, 06:51 PM   #5
Jennaysm
A Murloc Raider
I guess I should have been more clear. I don't have issues with going from main spec to my dual spec, the bars switch fine. However, when I change my holy spec to ret pvp I have to redo all of my action bars from holy to fit this. Thanks for the responses though.

Making two different profiles for the different specs has one issue: keybinds. =/
06-04-09, 08:10 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Not sure if this is helpful but i spotted this addon a bit ago and it may help. From the info page it should work just fine with bartender. Several of the comments on it are from people in your exact situation.

ActionButtonSaver2

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-04-09 at 08:13 PM.
06-05-09, 11:49 AM   #7
Jennaysm
A Murloc Raider
Thank you so much
06-08-09, 10:01 AM   #8
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I use bartender4 and before dual spec when I would switch stances I had keybinds set up on bartender for each stance. Then when I switched stance I had a very easy change of keybinds because I use a Belkin gamepad which will support 3 separate sets of keybinds. I assigned each stance to a preprogrammed set of keybinds. When I switched stances it just took a one button switch on the game pad to get the other set of keybinds to display in bartender. I also find having everything set up on the game pad improved my cast time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender4 Paging