06-08-08, 12:03 AM   #1
Korthal
A Defias Bandit
Character / Group / Target Frame Issue

Hey, i've been using Mazzle for ages, however just recently after a login i've noticed that the general area for where my character and target and party Frames are that they are no longer really working. After checking BugSack the only 3 there are the following:

"1/3: [2008/06/08 15:51:50-202-x1]: Chronometer-0.10\Core\Chronometer.lua:193: SpellEvents-1.0 is required by Chronometer
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):910: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>"

"2/3: [2008/06/08 15:51:53-202-x1]: AutoBar-2.01.00.04 beta.38120\Core.lua:1143: attempt to index field 'sorted' (a nil value)"

"3/3: [2008/06/08 15:52:00-202-x98]: HealBot-2.3.0.7\HealBot.lua:1187: table index is nil
HealBot-2.3.0.7\HealBot.lua:920: in function `HealBot_OnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>"

To show you what i mean look at the Image below as to what my target is and where both mine and my targets frames are and what they look like.

I've searched through multiple topics, updated to both the latest Core and Addon Files as well as ran both WoWAceUploaded and JWoWUpdater to no avail. Is there anything that can be done to rectify this Frame issue?

Upon searching a similar issue was found: http://provost.wowinterface.com/foru...ad.php?t=16577, however it doesnt have a fix.

Korthal

Last edited by Korthal : 06-08-08 at 12:15 AM.
06-08-08, 03:52 AM   #2
trezy
A Cliff Giant
try updating with WoWAceUpdater, to me whenever I used jWoWupdater it caused problems with some of the ace libs. this seems like the same error I was getting.
06-08-08, 09:51 AM   #3
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you delete your WTF folder after you downloaded the new core and addon pack?

I know people hate this, but have you tried without all the extra addons first? I noticed you have quite a few addons that are not part of MazzleUI. It is hard to know what is happening since there are lots of addons that do not play nice together. Looking at your bugsack there is nothing in there that would have caused what you are seeing with the unit frames. Make sure you do not have DUF disabled also.
06-08-08, 07:13 PM   #4
Shabanu
A Murloc Raider
I am getting the exact same issue.

I ran updater, and cleared my WTF. It made no difference =(
06-08-08, 07:21 PM   #5
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
I just started getting this error today but it doesn't happen on all my characters. Everything was normal, I logged into my main, normall, an alt, normal, another alt and did an instance & was normal. Then I logged out the 2nd alt and back to my main and the windows didn't work. Logged to my first alt and it now doesn't work on them. Logged to my 2nd alt and the party & character windows and 3d models and everything is fine there.

How is it possible for it to randomly break on some characters and not others, when I did nothing but log in/out?
06-08-08, 07:36 PM   #6
Shabanu
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dystrophy View Post
I just started getting this error today but it doesn't happen on all my characters. Everything was normal, I logged into my main, normall, an alt, normal, another alt and did an instance & was normal. Then I logged out the 2nd alt and back to my main and the windows didn't work. Logged to my first alt and it now doesn't work on them. Logged to my 2nd alt and the party & character windows and 3d models and everything is fine there.

How is it possible for it to randomly break on some characters and not others, when I did nothing but log in/out?
Mine's similar.

It was fine, but then I logged on my bank alt and back... and then it screwed up my main.
06-08-08, 07:46 PM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Looks like it could be a Duf problem, like the wrong profile got loaded or setting got changed. Id try going into DUF > misc and loading mazzleui profile. If you have a char that it is working on properly id save that one under a new profile name as well first as a backup
06-08-08, 07:55 PM   #8
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
Looks like it could be a Duf problem, like the wrong profile got loaded or setting got changed. Id try going into DUF > misc and loading mazzleui profile. If you have a char that it is working on properly id save that one under a new profile name as well first as a backup
Yeah it definetly is not a Mazzle issue (at least not Mazzle Core) it is a DUF issue but question is why is it happening suddenly. I have not seen this issue with mine except if I am in combat when the UI loads then it happens but a simple /rl fixes it when I am no longer in combat.
06-08-08, 09:32 PM   #9
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
Ya Doc this is what has always happened to me before also. Confused why logging into another character and back broke frames that were working fine before the switch.

On another note, doing a fresh reinstall of mazzle fixed the problem...
06-08-08, 09:38 PM   #10
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by dystrophy View Post
Ya Doc this is what has always happened to me before also. Confused why logging into another character and back broke frames that were working fine before the switch.

On another note, doing a fresh reinstall of mazzle fixed the problem...
There has got to be something going on with DUF and its losing the settings between sessions somehow. I wonder if DUF doesn't have a bug that cuases it to overwrite its settings to default (which is what you are seeing) under certain circumstances when you log out. You may want to post a question on the DUF boards on their website. I will also investigate also.
06-09-08, 10:44 AM   #11
Shabanu
A Murloc Raider
I redownloaded the whole mazzleui: both the core and addon pack.

However, the problem is still there... there also isn't even a saved Mazzle under profiles in DUF. I also deleted my WTF folder... so I have no idea what this is =/
06-09-08, 03:31 PM   #12
Adend
A Murloc Raider
That worked for me, thanks!
06-10-08, 09:10 AM   #13
Shabanu
A Murloc Raider
None of this is working for me... any other ideas?
06-10-08, 09:59 AM   #14
RedbullVDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I will start of by saying i know nothing about this thing. But i too had the same issue. It didn't start till after - i ran a lowly lock to test what is still broke (all candy bars - and only some can be moved - Ant 2nd bar is the one i couldn't move) and then went and played my hunter, ran a raid, ran and instance no problems.

then i decided to go ahead and move over few addons, i followed what the directions say. One of them being healbot which is showing on the error post from this page. Could healbot have done it? again i had zero issues other then timer bars and boom. that was the only thing i changed.

I tried re Mazzifing btw and still nothing.
06-10-08, 02:31 PM   #15
Nacole
A Kobold Labourer
I was experiencing this issue, and this solution worked like a charm for me. Thanks!
06-11-08, 05:48 AM   #16
Korthal
A Defias Bandit
Well all i did was after reloading the Core Package as well as the Addons Package was delete most of my WTF Files (Except for my Bongos and Scrolling Combat Text), then logged back in, re-mazzified, and it didnt do anything, no fix looked exactly the same.

Hadn't played for a good 3-4 days, just logged in now, was prompted to Mazzify straight away and it did that and fixed it all up... I haven't updated anything since the last time i tried... So im not sure exactly what happened to make it work again... But it did...
06-13-08, 11:12 PM   #17
Korthal
A Defias Bandit
So it would seem as though the issue has randomly resurfaced for no apparent reason... Any ideas as yet Making playing the game a tad difficult.
06-14-08, 08:30 AM   #18
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The authors / people maintaining DUF now are aware of the issue. We are all looking at it and trying to come up with an answer solution. Hopefully we can get it fixed shortly.

06-14-08, 06:41 PM   #19
beefcan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
discord still uses the old method of saving profiles globally for all chars i seen it goof up sometimes as well guess ill have to change it soonish
07-08-08, 12:10 AM   #20
phetish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This happened to me tonight, but managed to fix it..

A couple things i noticed:

1. didn't happen to all toons.
2. Toons with the problem only had 2 options in DUF->Misc->Load Profile - Default and Custom
3. Toons without problem had MazzleUI as a profile option.
4. on a toon without the problem I saved the working profile under a new name.
5. The toons that had the problem earlier immediately showed all 4 profiles: Custom, Default, MazzleUI, and my saved profile.

Loading the MazzleUI profile worked fine after that...

Hope that helps...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Character / Group / Target Frame Issue