04-26-10, 10:52 AM   #1
-tr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Combo Points Addons Lagging

Hi there. For a while now my game has been lagging on first login (ie- names are displayed as unknown, professions are inaccessible, some abilities can't be used). Then after a minute or two, everything's fine.

Last night I finally deduced that it must be an addon issue, and found that UIM:ComboPoints was causing the problem. Disabled it and everything loaded right away. Then I went in search of a replacement, trying naiCombo and Rogue Focus Classic. However, both caused the same lag issue.

Anybody have an idea as to why seemingly any combo point addon causes this lag?
04-26-10, 12:09 PM   #2
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not an addon issue, it's a server load issue.

If you log in and your character is somewhere quiet (e.g. Exodar) then things will work almost instantly.
If you log into lagaran, then things will take a while to start working due to all the information the server has to transfer about all nearby characters.

You can only test this by doing a full log out and exit of the game.
If you only go back to the character select screen and then back into the game you have cached a lot of information already so things will work quicker after the first log in.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Combo Points Addons Lagging