05-10-10, 08:47 PM   #1
Orko
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stuf Unitframes border ????

Hi, had a quick question about Stuf Unitframe borders..

Here is my UI

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idescreen.html

I am wondering if there is a way to make the borders glow red when in combat or if frame has aggro.. There is an option in the global section that already has the Border Aggro color set to full Alpha and Red but never see any borders that are red.. Would like to see when I am in combat other than the status icon..

Hope someone has a trick to get this to work or maybe another mod that will do it.

Thanks!
05-10-10, 09:24 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

There is definitely a way to do it since i have it set to do it in my healing UI. Im still testing a few things but from the look of it they border coloring doesnt work when solo. It didnt when i just now tested it. I would guess since if your alone aggro is a given if you are attacked.

Once im done testing ill edit this post with any additional findings.

Edit 1: Ok so after a short test the border coloring only seems to work in a group. Range to group members doesnt appear to be a factor as i was in Crystalsong and my guildie was in Wg farming. Coloring worked just fine then. Invisible borders respond the same way. They will show up as a border if you have aggro but will be invisible if left with a 0 opacity (and do not have aggro) in the frames individual configurations sections (eg: target, player and so on).

The aggro condition for text tags falls in to the same category. Only function in a group. Combat conditions for text tags work in both cases though its not really all that different than having the icon.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 05-10-10 at 09:48 PM. Reason: i gots da informationz!
05-11-10, 05:53 PM   #3
Orko
An Aku'mai Servant

Ah thanks so much for your quick reply. I will test that also tonight. Maybe I can get kgpanels with some scripting to accomplish what I need done. Never thought about it only being there when grouped.

Thanks again.

Edit::

Ok with the use of kgpanels and some scripts I found on various sites I was able to accomplish what I wanted. Plus I went a step further and added Elite , Rare and Boss art to my UI using kgpanels too...

Last edited by Orko : 05-11-10 at 06:53 PM.
05-11-10, 07:41 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Looking good!. Glad i could be of some assistance.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stuf Unitframes border ????