05-20-09, 01:23 AM   #241
Hambil
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
He also didn't post a FAQ afterwards filled with blatant lies and attempting to blame everyone else for his problems.
Oh boy... could I ever derail this thread lol.

My first post so, I won't do that though

As a developer, soon to have his own WoW addon(s) to worry about, I see very clearly the side of Curses and WI. With that said, as a player, on patch day, all I have to say is get it sorted out, faster
05-20-09, 02:55 AM   #242
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
o man people are still posting on this thread someone please lock it.
05-20-09, 08:15 AM   #243
Elesarr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Hambil View Post
Oh boy... could I ever derail this thread lol.

My first post so, I won't do that though

As a developer, soon to have his own WoW addon(s) to worry about, I see very clearly the side of Curses and WI. With that said, as a player, on patch day, all I have to say is get it sorted out, faster

Actually, it is sorted out - Minion will be out soonish

I agree with Lothaer....errrr I mean....tinyu this thread really needs a padlock on it

Last edited by Elesarr : 05-20-09 at 08:18 AM.
05-20-09, 09:20 AM   #244
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

All aboard! The "Lock This Thread" train leaves in twenty minutes for the WoW forums. Anyone else looking to get on had best ride their soapbox or jump on their bandwagon and get here soon before the seats are sold out and the train leaves!!

05-20-09, 09:46 AM   #245
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

A question

I read in other posts the WoW Matrix actually goes into the Blizzard file that contains information such as my user name, if I have Wow set to remember it. If this is true then my question is simple.

If they can access that file are they then not accessing the file that I use to enter my password and therefore are they possibly the people responsible for all the hacked WoW accounts?
05-20-09, 10:39 AM   #246
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
I read in other posts the WoW Matrix actually goes into the Blizzard file that contains information such as my user name, if I have Wow set to remember it. If this is true then my question is simple.

If they can access that file are they then not accessing the file that I use to enter my password and therefore are they possibly the people responsible for all the hacked WoW accounts?
The config.wtf file does not save your password for obvious reasons, only the username and that's only if you've set the relevant option to remember it. Afaik, the password isn't being saved or kept anywhere in the client, so unless the security of your computer has been compromised by any other means, you should be fine. As a general rule of thumb though I would never trust any other (3rd party) program, launching the client for you.

As for the rest, I see no reason to lock the thread despite the fact that it has derailed on numerous occasions, so I'll simply remind everyone to stay on topic, keep it nice and cool and avoid personal insults. All in all respect the rules and try to have a meaningful and productive discussion.
05-20-09, 01:26 PM   #247
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
The config.wtf file does not save your password for obvious reasons, only the username and that's only if you've set the relevant option to remember it. .............
Thanks for the explanation. I don't use anything like WoW Matrix (Cairenn would kick my butt if I did). However, I was curious given the on going posts here and elsewhere about account hackers.
05-20-09, 03:45 PM   #248
isaacquotien
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
LoL I've noticed that when I phrase something intelligently and then give someone's intellect the beneifit of the doubt, I do more explaining later than I really wanted to, so I just cut to the chase and spell things out.
lol.....good discussion, i appreciate yours and honem's points.
05-20-09, 07:48 PM   #249
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by isaacquotien View Post
lol.....good discussion, i appreciate yours and honem's points.
Thank you. It's my pleasure to share them with you.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WowMatrix Responds!