07-07-08, 07:04 PM   #1
phetish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Discord Update Rate option

Hey folks -

I was wandering through the Mazzle Options and found a setting for "Discord Update Rate" (very last item under the Efficiency Modes section) where you can change the "updates per second".

What does this do?

Thanks in advance!!!
07-07-08, 08:13 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It changes how often the Discord add-ons update their data every second. At maxium settings, they could update 30 times per second or once every frame or something (I forget actually), i.e. at a rate that will eat a lot of CPU. At the other end of the spectrum, it won't eat much CPU but the data may often be out of date b/c it hasn't beem updated recently.

In the past, that setting would change the settings for all the Discord add-ons at once, but nowadays, there is only one Discord add-on,. So, it does the same thing as changing the update rate within Discord Unit Frames itself. It does allow you to modulate the update rate via the various efficiency modes, though.
07-07-08, 09:17 PM   #3
phetish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the quick response!

I've noticed that while using clique as healer to heal parties/raids that the interface would sometimes "miss" my click to heal developing a bad habit in me of clicking multiple times in order to make sure it picked up my click.

Would adjusting the DUF update solve that problem?

Thanks again!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Discord Update Rate option