05-31-10, 09:06 AM   #1
magilla73
A Murloc Raider
Lua error need help

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the place to post but in the past I've always seen a great response from the folks in the wow interface forums. I recently started getting a lua error and can't for the life of me figure out the cause. I have bug catcher and bug sack installed but where usually there's something about the specific mod in the report, this time there's nothing. Here's the output from bug sack:
1158x Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2559: attempt to compare nil with number:

Locals:

---

As you can see in the past 30 minutes there's been 1158 instances of this error and every 60 seconds my chat scree fills up with "Bug grabber has stopped captuing errors since it has captured more than 20 errors per second" Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
05-31-10, 10:53 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Since there is no addon referenced there (an addon is causing the error within the default UI itself), only you can figure out what is causing it. This should be easy, since it occurs so often, albeit time consuming.

Get an addon like Ampere or OptionHouse that allows you to enable/disable addons without logging in/out.

Disable half of your addons. If the problem persists, the addon in question lies in the other half. Rinse and repeat until you narrow it down to the one that's causing it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lua error need help