09-23-14, 07:12 AM   #1
liquidbase
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question about addon listing

First of all the good work you've done there, I like it better than the Curse Updater.

But now the problem I have. Can it be that addons that contain multiple folders are not listed in minion? At the moment I have only one example based on DuffedUI. The archive contains a total of 4 folders (core addon, group layouts x2, ingame config), which are not listed in minion. A single entry like DBM is although not present. Must be registered for something specific in the .toc file to allow this? If so, I would change accordingly so that could be used by users of DuffedUI also minion to the interface to keep up to date.

As author of DuffedUI, I would be very important

minion.xml and minion0.log are attached to this posting.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (3.0 KB, 266 views)
File Type: txt minion0.log.txt (16.6 KB, 255 views)
09-23-14, 01:12 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Currently Minion can not install or detect compilations. We are working on something for that. I don't think we will ever be able to get Minion to detect a compilation in the wild (maybe some but the majority not so much) however we could remember the compilation if the user downloads the compilation through Minion.

So we will be working on that in the future for sure!

Thank you for the feedback and checking out Minion!
09-23-14, 01:53 PM   #3
liquidbase

Good to hear.
However, the current version is also not listed. You can see it on the screenshot in the attachment. All listed entrys are the old ones of DuffedUI not the actual version you can find here on the site. Therefore, the question whether one may need to add something to the .toc file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion.png
Views:	259
Size:	539.3 KB
ID:	8211  
09-23-14, 02:00 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ah ok, thats a bug then, it shouldn't be listing any of those at the moment. It looks like its because those are uploaded as patches and addons so they aren't tagged as compilations in our system so Minion lists them.

Thanks for bringing that up.
09-23-14, 02:15 PM   #5
liquidbase

Since there are individual files that provide additional plugins. However, the files are outdated and have no relevance. As such, you could also delete the entries.

Nothing despite a very good job and for that it is more a beta, running the minion but very stable
10-16-14, 05:38 AM   #6
redant71
A Defias Bandit
Question Game release version in addons list

Hey, i think it would be nice to see wich addons that are updated to patchday of WoW, for instance if i se in my list that addons are updated for 6.0.2 (current) version of the game, and also is able to search for new addons with requirements "Patch 6.0" it would help lots. At the moment i guess the most addons arent up to date, a few days from 6.0.2 patchday, how ever to tell i have to click addon, and list info on each row to be able to tell.
10-16-14, 10:33 AM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by redant71 View Post
Hey, i think it would be nice to see wich addons that are updated to patchday of WoW, for instance if i se in my list that addons are updated for 6.0.2 (current) version of the game, and also is able to search for new addons with requirements "Patch 6.0" it would help lots. At the moment i guess the most addons arent up to date, a few days from 6.0.2 patchday, how ever to tell i have to click addon, and list info on each row to be able to tell.
Those are good ideas and I agree a listing if an AddOn is compatible with the currently released patch would be helpful along with a search filter. Making some tickets.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Question about addon listing