12-24-14, 06:42 PM   #1
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Name of HUD arrow window?

My HUD arrow keeps moving, frequently off the screen. That might be due to my using full-size windowed on a dual monitor system. Right now I have to use /carb resetwin, and it returns. However I have to set all the other windows back up also. There is a command (/carb winpos name x y) to move it, but I don't know the name of the window.
12-24-14, 06:57 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

In Carbonite "Options"

Move the Tracking HUD to where you want it (on your display), then...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lock_Tracking_HUD_Position.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	8388  
12-24-14, 08:19 PM   #3
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that and see what happens.
12-24-14, 09:23 PM   #4
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Nope. I selected "Lock Tracking HUD Position", but it still disappears, both in windowed and fullscreen modes. So now I'm not sure it is actually moving, just disappearing. Resetting the windows every few minutes gets frustrating, though.

I'm going to turn off all other add-ons to see if it may be some weird conflict.
12-25-14, 04:45 AM   #5
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Dear rckann,

what i have seen so far in NX.HUD the frame is named and called only Frame, could be something like NXHUD:Frame but it is only a Guess,

greetings Samyonair
12-28-14, 01:13 AM   #6
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Dear rckann,

what i have seen so far in NX.HUD the frame is named and called only Frame, could be something like NXHUD:Frame but it is only a Guess,

greetings Samyonair
THANK YOU! The window name is just NXHUD.

I created a macro

/carb winpos nxhud 150 150

to bring the arrow back when it decides to wander off the screen. It's my work-around until this gets fixed.
01-13-15, 09:59 AM   #7
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I'm glad to see this is a known problem (with a workaround). I just watched my HUD meander off the right side of the screen for no apparent reason! (I was turning in a quest at the time.)

Last edited by Palladia : 01-13-15 at 10:05 AM.
01-16-15, 08:01 PM   #8
dagaard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by rckann View Post
Nope. I selected "Lock Tracking HUD Position", but it still disappears, both in windowed and fullscreen modes. So now I'm not sure it is actually moving, just disappearing. Resetting the windows every few minutes gets frustrating, though.

I'm going to turn off all other add-ons to see if it may be some weird conflict.
I noticed it happens when you are in combat. It kept "floating" off to the right when I was in combat. When combat was over it stopped. I moved it back and as soon as I went into combat again off it went off the screen.
01-19-15, 12:34 PM   #9
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

The last time I noticed it happening, it was during combat, but it didn't go back when combat was over.

Incidentally, this doesn't happen at all when I'm playing on my own account. It only happens when I am helping my friend by leveling his alt. I use essentially the same addons when playing his character as I do when I'm playing mine, so I have no idea what the difference could be.
01-19-15, 05:10 PM   #10
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

please check your options

seems to be an Issue with compatibility mode in combat

will test it on my own

greetings Samyonair
01-19-15, 05:36 PM   #11
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

all options turned off, except for taxi, that one won't turn off. still wanders off the screen during combat, based on how you turn. also, if you use the routing for doing gathering runs, and have to fight something, it wanders off. it does not seem to matter what use the tracking hud is performing, questing or waypoint routing, the thing is wandering off screen, during combat. it may be fine for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, or it may start doing it as soon as you login and start questing.
01-19-15, 05:49 PM   #12
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Can you please compare map options?

because it is weird as you describe it is on one acc ok on the other don't

Greetings Samyonair
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbhud.PNG
Views:	921
Size:	1,013.5 KB
ID:	8445  
01-20-15, 07:33 AM   #13
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Have tried with compatibility checked, and not checked. I have tested all the options, in maps, quest, and hud to ensure that no troubleshooting stone is left unturned. I was hoping some combination of options would fix it. I have run with tomtom emulation on and off, I have merged minimap, and also left them seperate, I have tried all the things a reasonable person would try, to track down the problem. The problem is on all my toons, but the level 100 take longer, before it manifests.

Last edited by Svegan : 01-20-15 at 07:38 AM.
01-24-15, 09:30 AM   #14
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I have Compatibility Mode unchecked on my own account. I don't know how it's set on my friend's account because he's currently logged in so I can't check. But I'm pretty certain I didn't check it since I had no reason to. It's not inconceivable that I checked it by mistake though that seems unlikely.

In any case, my friend has said he will want me to level another character of his some time in the near future, so I'll check then, but it might be a while before I can do that. In the meantime, I don't have the problem on my own account, so it has essentially stopped bothering me, at least for now.
01-30-15, 03:48 PM   #15
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Blizzard Issue

Playing on the ptr 6.1 patch test, absolutely no addons at all, and noticed that when I am attacked, my character auto turns to face the attacker. I have not tested to see if that is so in 6.03 so I will try it and edit this post. If blizzard is grabbing the character and moving it, the hud arrow may be reacting to that action when it disappears. I also have noticed, the arrow always disappears, if I am moving when the sound plays that congratulates me on quest completion.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Name of HUD arrow window?