08-25-08, 01:02 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Outfitter vs ItemRack vs ClosetGnome

So I have been reading thru the various forums trying to figure out the best choice for a wardrobe switcher and don't seem to be any closer to an answer.... I am just looking for the simplest, easiest to use and set up. Any input is appreciated!

08-25-08, 01:22 PM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Outfitter comes with everything you need all in one for outfit management, and it's real simple to figure out. It's my personal favorite. But you're not going to know which one is YOUR personal favorite until and unless you just install them, one at a time, and give them a whirl.
08-25-08, 02:03 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Jzar View Post
But you're not going to know which one is YOUR personal favorite until and unless you just install them, one at a time, and give them a whirl.
Yep. Because I like ItemRack. ItemRack also allows you to create a "rack" for quick gear changing (basically buttons on the screen for an equip slot with popouts of everything you can equip in that slot).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-08, 02:15 PM   #4
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Agreed. I personally like ItemRack because of the pop-out and it seems to be the easiest to configure.
08-25-08, 02:16 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Another one for Item Rack.
08-25-08, 02:25 PM   #6
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I use Outfitter. I've never tried ItemRack, but outfitter has the same feature with the popouts on the Character screen to equip any item in your inventory to that slot, but what I really like is the automatic switching that can be set up (so every time you mount up, it automatically equips your carrot, your riding crop, and your boots with mithril spurs...and unequips them when you dismount) and the quick click changing an entire set of gear with the mimimap button menu. Just set up a set and give it a name, right click the minimap button and a list of all your sets will come up...just click the one you want to wear and viola.
05-03-09, 08:46 AM   #7
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yep. Because I like ItemRack. ItemRack also allows you to create a "rack" for quick gear changing (basically buttons on the screen for an equip slot with popouts of everything you can equip in that slot).
Blizzard also does this, hold <Alt> while hovering any item slot in the character window.
05-03-09, 08:59 AM   #8
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's not entirely the same though

ItemRack allows you to put for example your tabard slot somewhere on your screen
and swap tabards in one click for championing (without opening the character frame)
05-03-09, 01:13 PM   #9
elder69
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ive used both itemrack and outfitter, and ive got to say itemrack 100%. outfitter always glitched for me and alot of the features didnt work correctly, and was always so high maintenence. ive been using the same version of itemrack since patch 2.4 and it still works fine in 3.1
05-06-09, 05:38 PM   #10
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I've previewed all three, but in the end I stuck with ItemRack. It's a lot more appealing to me for some reason and it has just been working very well.
05-06-09, 09:30 PM   #11
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

no-one mentioned salerack. pure win.

since default ui has tab flyouts now, and salerack has a ldb menu...even moreso.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Outfitter vs ItemRack vs ClosetGnome