06-25-10, 11:03 AM   #1
Aequi
A Cyclonian
Lichking valkyr & defile

Does anyone know if there is an addon, that can help with the specific situation of Valkyrs and defile almost at the same time, during Lichking encounter. Already use DBM.

Basicly one known strategy is to stay very close together to control valkyr's direction, but since Defile is an AOE damage effect that preferably should only hit the one randomly targetted, we need to quickly spread out before the defile.

Been looking for an addon that can tell me that valkyr(s) have selected their target(s), something that can help me identifie, either with sound or flashing that a target has been chosen, and its time to spread out - and avoid defile.

Anyone know such an addon??
06-25-10, 11:55 AM   #2
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

I'm not sure if a specific addon has been made to do this, similar to like "Vamp" for BQL. But boss mod addons should do what your looking for.

I know i have it set up so raid warnings alert who's got defile and who's in the valks grips; as well as mine is set up to /say Defile on Me, or /say Valk on Me

The trick I've found for defile is to have Lich King as your focus target, and make sure your "target of focus target" frame is enabled and somewhere easy to see; cuz right before dbm/dxe will alert the defile he will switch targets in p2; which allows you to get an addictional second of reaction time in.

As far for specifics; i think the avr mod might have helped done that; though i've never used it and its broken now lol
06-25-10, 07:31 PM   #3
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I've personally not gotten up to the LK fight so I can't say if it'll work, but since AVR was broken in the recent patch (though if you're European, enjoy it for the next few days), hudmap has come out as the replacement. Its 2D rather than 3D (which is hard to get used to in-game), but still works after the patch and does many of the same things as AVR in terms of announces.
06-25-10, 07:39 PM   #4
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The valkyr pick their target before they land, and they will land at the position their target was when they picked it. If they select you, you move 10 yards away, then they swoop down they'll just grab you back to the location you were originally.

You can all move around when the second valkyr is landing and you'll be safe to avoid defile and still keep the valkyr grouped.
06-25-10, 08:43 PM   #5
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian

The valkyrs do NOT pick you up at the position when they target you. I once managed to get picked up while falling down the throne. I'm pretty sure I wasn't standing there before.
06-27-10, 05:12 AM   #6
Aequi
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by marioinfinity View Post
The trick I've found for defile is to have Lich King as your focus target, and make sure your "target of focus target" frame is enabled and somewhere easy to see
Yes, for defile i found either target-of-target og taget-of-forcus to be the only usefull warning, i don't know if i was subjected to some sort of latency, addon lag or otherwise, but - several times i say the "Defile on me" speech-bubbles after defile was already on the floor. I tried an addon called "Lich" for Defile aswell but - that also seem too slow.
I have never before had any problems with the speed of DBM warnings.

Anyways - if there is no specific addon that deals with valkyrs...

Is there any way i could add audio cue's to the valkyr soon, defile soon events? ... i am specifically looking for audio warnings because i am looking alot at the raid-unit-frames (Disc healing). While i do mentally scan for valkyr/defile-timers when i check infest-timer - i still easily get tunnelvision on the raid-unit-frames, getting shields up and other things (yes, I do realize that its a L2P issue)

But - something that would help time it through audio - instead of visually would help.
A simple audio-mod for DBM that hooks into the already existing timer and plays a sound that say: "X soon - 5 4 3 2 1"
... ofcause countdown would hafta sync with the timer.

Last edited by Aequi : 06-27-10 at 05:17 AM.
06-27-10, 05:54 AM   #7
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
The valkyrs do NOT pick you up at the position when they target you. I once managed to get picked up while falling down the throne. I'm pretty sure I wasn't standing there before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HYzRP8IvI#t=5m26s

They most definitely select their target and position before they land. I've also personally experienced this - We stand in a pile before they land, start moving when the second one lands, and I'm picked up at our pile location despite being several yards away from it. If they didn't do this it would make coinciding defile and valkyr spawn timers exponentially more difficult.

Originally Posted by Aequi View Post
Yes, for defile i found either target-of-target og taget-of-forcus to be the only usefull warning, i don't know if i was subjected to some sort of latency, addon lag or otherwise, but - several times i say the "Defile on me" speech-bubbles after defile was already on the floor. I tried an addon called "Lich" for Defile aswell but - that also seem too slow.
I have never before had any problems with the speed of DBM warnings.

Anyways - if there is no specific addon that deals with valkyrs...

Is there any way i could add audio cue's to the valkyr soon, defile soon events? ... i am specifically looking for audio warnings because i am looking alot at the raid-unit-frames (Disc healing). While i do mentally scan for valkyr/defile-timers when i check infest-timer - i still easily get tunnelvision on the raid-unit-frames, getting shields up and other things (yes, I do realize that its a L2P issue)

But - something that would help time it through audio - instead of visually would help.
A simple audio-mod for DBM that hooks into the already existing timer and plays a sound that say: "X soon - 5 4 3 2 1"
... ofcause countdown would hafta sync with the timer.
BigWigs has a countdown feature. Both BigWigs and DXE have audio cues. I don't know if DBM has either.
06-27-10, 08:03 AM   #8
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Waverian View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HYzRP8IvI#t=5m26s

They most definitely select their target and position before they land. I've also personally experienced this - We stand in a pile before they land, start moving when the second one lands, and I'm picked up at our pile location despite being several yards away from it. If they didn't do this it would make coinciding defile and valkyr spawn timers exponentially more difficult.
The point being made was that the valkyr doesn't pick you up from your location and put you back there, not that they don't pick the target before landing.

As for audio cues, try http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-mod-tts.aspx. It hooks into your boss mod and gives audio cues for various events for all bosses using the computer's built-in TTS voice.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Lichking valkyr & defile