11-29-09, 04:17 PM   #1
Volkner
A Murloc Raider
Turn off detail on map?

I'm having a problem with my map. I like the map for the most part, but this details thing is always in the way. So that when I open my big map I can't see the names of anything, like you get with the normal map. I hate to give up to zooming abilites of the map, but I can't see the names to anything anymore.

Is there a way to turn the detail function 'off' on the maximized map?

I did find a setting that let's me change the area of the details, but anytime I set it below 2 it automatically goes to 2. And even with the level set to 2 I can't mouse over any area to see the 'normal' map that has the names of places on it.

Thanks

12-19-09, 11:59 AM   #2
Volkner
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Also can't figure out how to see 'unexplored' areas. I'm guessing this is the result of the detail thing too.

12-20-09, 09:29 AM   #3
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
try reistalling the addon. or try deleting the wtf folder in your wow directory, you could also try getting the latest updates for that addon,

hope this helped!

12-20-09, 11:02 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Volkner View Post
Also can't figure out how to see 'unexplored' areas. I'm guessing this is the result of the detail thing too.
I believe the settings you want are in the right click menu when your mouse is hovering over any section of the map. If I recall, it's under either the transparency or Show heading.

In addition, last I knew, Carbonite stored different transparency, detail and other settings for each mode of the map, whether it was maximized or minimized. So even though you may change the detail on the maximized map, the minimized one will remain unchanged. Not 100% on that one though, lol.

I'll double check a few things later today if I have time to log into WoW.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Turn off detail on map?