07-13-10, 11:01 AM   #1
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Add instance difficulty to Minimap text string?

Hey, I'm working with a self-modified version of iMinimap. Basically, I removed all of the icons and replaced them with text strings, such as 'LFG' when in a que, or 'MAIL!" when you have mail (duh), and made the tracking menu show when you right click the minimap.

What I want to know is if it is possible to put a '+' next to the 'LFG' string when I am in a Heroic instance, and hide it when I am in a Regular difficulty one. I have tried looking in the code of other minimaps, but none of them have anything helpful (that I have noticed, anyways). I was thinking it would look like 'LFG+' for Heroic, and 'LFG' when in a Reg.

If someone could give me a helping hand, that would be quite dandy Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Zagrei : 07-13-10 at 11:19 AM.
07-13-10, 11:38 AM   #2
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's some code I'm using for the instance size / difficulty tag on my minimap (mostly ripped from the FrameXML for the minimap difficulty icon anyway)

Code:
local UpdateDifficultyTag = function()
	local _, instanceType, difficulty, _, maxPlayers, playerDifficulty, isDynamicInstance = GetInstanceInfo()
	if (instanceType == 'party' or instanceType == 'raid') and not (difficulty == 1 and maxPlayers == 5) then		
		local isHeroic = false
		if instanceType == 'party' and difficulty == 2 then
			isHeroic = true
		elseif instanceType == 'raid' then
			if isDynamicInstance and playerDifficulty == 1 then
				isHeroic = true
			elseif difficulty > 2 then
				isHeroic = true
			end
		end

MiniMapInstanceDifficultyText:SetFormattedText('%d%s', maxPlayers, isHeroic and 'H' or 'N')
	end
end

local f = CreateFrame'Frame'
f:RegisterEvent'PLAYER_DIFFICULTY_CHANGED'
f:RegisterEvent'UPDATE_INSTANCE_INFO'
f:SetScript('OnEvent', UpdateDifficultyTag)
Should be pretty easy to use your fontstring object instead, and using a + instead of H/N.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Add instance difficulty to Minimap text string?