06-28-19, 06:46 AM   #1
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

8.2 Zone Map

I guess I'm fortunate in a way that I'm not having the errors other are reporting...but I am getting an issue that no one else seems to have. Not sure if it's something I need to do or a repair or what. When I go to Twitch, the latest version for Carbonite Maps is v8.1.5-5-g2a71beb-alpha - which I've installed. However, when I go to the new zones, the map will show just a black space. It will display all previous content, just not the new Islands. Did I miss something, or forgot to add something?
Thanks!
06-28-19, 08:31 AM   #2
elcius
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As of 8.2 addons are only allowed to access textures inside ./Interface, Minimap textures are in the ./World subdirectory.
Most likely the addon will need to be updated to include copies of the texture.
06-28-19, 09:03 AM   #3
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by elcius View Post
As of 8.2 addons are only allowed to access textures inside ./Interface, Minimap textures are in the ./World subdirectory.
Most likely the addon will need to be updated to include copies of the texture.
That's not true.

Textures inside the interface folder can be accessed via both file paths and ids, whereas all other textures has to be accessed via file ids only. And if it actually failed to load a texture, it'd show a green texture, not black.

The issue is elsewhere. And OP should prob ask this question in Carbonite's subforum.

Last edited by lightspark : 06-28-19 at 09:09 AM.
06-28-19, 12:18 PM   #4
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
That's not true.

Textures inside the interface folder can be accessed via both file paths and ids, whereas all other textures has to be accessed via file ids only. And if it actually failed to load a texture, it'd show a green texture, not black.

The issue is elsewhere. And OP should prob ask this question in Carbonite's subforum.
Not exactly sure what you're saying here. Are you saying this is posted in the incorrect forum? I've never had this issue before, even with new xpacs. All the previous map content is loading correcly...but when I go to either of the 2 new zones, my location shows in a black area (normally the Great Sea) and scrolling in won't help. Once I'm in the zone, everything shows on the Blizz basic map, but not on the Carbonite map (except as described above). If it's something that I missed, let me know so I can correct. If it's something Carbonite has issues with or is still working on, just let me know and I'll await patiently fir the results.

Thanks
06-28-19, 12:30 PM   #5
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Not exactly sure what you're saying here. Are you saying this is posted in the incorrect forum? I've never had this issue before, even with new xpacs. All the previous map content is loading correcly...but when I go to either of the 2 new zones, my location shows in a black area (normally the Great Sea) and scrolling in won't help. Once I'm in the zone, everything shows on the Blizz basic map, but not on the Carbonite map (except as described above). If it's something that I missed, let me know so I can correct. If it's something Carbonite has issues with or is still working on, just let me know and I'll await patiently fir the results.

Thanks
I was mainly correcting elcius' statement since it could misinform/mislead addon devs who aren't fully aware of the 8.2 changes, and that's not desirable.

But, generally, yeah, since it's a Carbonite issue it'd be better if you posted it in that subforum. It's very likely that Carbonite devs are primarily browsing that section of the forum. But at this point there's no need to repost it, jeffy162 is here, ircdirk probably noticed this thread as well.
06-28-19, 12:20 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just make sure that you have the Twitch client set to update Carbonite with alpha's. Ircdirk pushed a alpha release yesterday to solve some of the errors.

In my defense - I must tell you that I haven't been able to play WoW for three years (computer got burned out and I haven't been able to afford to replace it). I do, however, try to keep up with changes to the game. And I recently found out that I can update some of the addons that I did (everything except any of the addons that I have to make graphics for). I am "stuck" with having to use an Android tablet (Acer).

EDIT: Oh, while I think of it, try with ALL of your other addons (except Carbonite) shut off. There could be a conflict between Carbonite and another addon, and doing this is the best way to tell. \EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-28-19 at 12:31 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 8.2 Zone Map