10-04-12, 05:37 AM   #41
Hexhiss
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy Carbonie Fade

I have a serious question to pose to the AUTHORS, and it is this. Would you guys be willing to partially release the license to allow others to continue updating the source code so that the addon can continue? I personally LOVE Carbonite. All the enhancements that this addon provides are invaluable in-game. From the quest tracking to the comprehensive map integration and function, this addon has it all. I would truly HATE to see this one go the way of the dodo. I would be interested in learning how to write the lua and various codes to keep this addon going. Please email me at [email protected]. Anything I can do to help keep this fantastic addon going....

10-04-12, 06:17 AM   #42
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Hexhiss View Post
I have a serious question to pose to the AUTHORS, and it is this. Would you guys be willing to partially release the license to allow others to continue updating the source code so that the addon can continue? I personally LOVE Carbonite. All the enhancements that this addon provides are invaluable in-game. From the quest tracking to the comprehensive map integration and function, this addon has it all. I would truly HATE to see this one go the way of the dodo. I would be interested in learning how to write the lua and various codes to keep this addon going. Please email me at [email protected]. Anything I can do to help keep this fantastic addon going....
Umm, no offence, but did you even read the first post of this thread? They have released the full code under the GPL(open source). Rythal is the new maintainer, and is even now working on updating it with his existing fixes. He and maybe others will continue to work on it.

10-05-12, 12:21 AM   #43
wilki24
A Kobold Labourer
As an early subscriber to Carbonite, I can't thank you all enough for making sure that this project lives on.

Very happy to see this news :-)

10-05-12, 01:03 AM   #44
Bakur
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for a great addon guys. I don't think I could play WoW without it at this point. And thanks for releasing the code, we all appreciate your hard work.

10-05-12, 10:02 PM   #45
jbennettsr
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Sorry to see you guys go. Carbonite been my favorite add-on, if you could only choose 1 carbonite would be the one. Good luck in whatever your new ventures may be, thanks for the time you have committed to this in past. Good luck to you both.

Last edited by jbennettsr : 10-05-12 at 10:27 PM.

10-05-12, 11:14 PM   #46
arkstone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You guys created amazing addon and we, as whole community (I think I will say it from all carbonite users, as our thoughts in that regard most likely same), all thank you for your amazing job well done! Also we're really gratefull for releasing your source under GPL as we now have a chance to continue your amazing job. Personally I wish you good luck in all your endevours and again thank you!

10-06-12, 10:31 AM   #47
morier
A Kobold Labourer
I made an account here just to say,

Thanks for all the hard work you all put in over the years! I have used Carbonite since day one of playing Wow, and thanks for making the source code available so that your hard work can live on!

10-06-12, 01:37 PM   #48
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Haavok and I have decided we will not be updating Carbonite any longer. We no longer play WoW and just have too many others things going on in life to devote any time to it..........faatal
Faatal and Haavok, I'm going to miss both of you. The masterful work you did in creating this Carbonite Addon has had such a wonderful impact on so many people's lives. Your efforts have contributed greatly to my own joy. No matter where you (and your families) go, you will always be in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for for everything you've done, and I do hope that from time-to-time, you'll drop in and let us know how life is going for you. God bless.

10-06-12, 01:54 PM   #49
matcauthon
A Kobold Labourer
just want to take a moment to thank you both, and all those that have worked on this addon over the years. i can attribute my 10 85's completely to your amazing addon, without it i never would have been able to accomplish that feat, not to mention the utility outside of questing. Its good to hear that you have passed the torch to let your legacy live on! Long live carbonite!

10-08-12, 06:33 PM   #50
samatina
A Murloc Raider
Thank you SO much for making the best addon **ever** for the game. I know I appreciate all you've done over the years and I wish you two much success in your future. You will be missed.....

Sam

10-09-12, 06:30 AM   #51
Leridyn
A Murloc Raider
Allow me to add my thanks to all of you for this wonderful addon. Carbonite is so important to many of us playing WoW, adding to our enjoyment of the game - many of us (me included) would be totally lost without this incredible addon. I certainly can't imagine playing WoW without it!

Faatal & Haavoc - thank you for creating and developing Carbonite. We can see it was a labor of love, and a true service to the WoW community. As a grown up IT professional myself, I know that life, family, work and such can get in the way. Heck, I've had to take time off of WoW myself to attend to more pressing issues, and I respect that you both have allowed others to take up where you both let off. You have the thanks of many more than just the people who have commented here. There are some very talented and ethical people here who I think will treat this code with the respect and love it deserves.

Rythal - you have remained respectful and classy throughout this whole experience and have deferred to the original authors in every way. They are lucky that you will be intrinsic to the next generation of development, as I believe you will continue to honor their efforts and hold true to the integrity of the project - you're just that kind of guy, from what I've read here and on other sites.

Thank you again, and I wish you all nothing but success and joy on your journeys. You have made many people and guilds incredibly happy and I look forward to the evolution of this great addon.

10-12-12, 02:32 AM   #52
Draque
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Haavok and I have decided we will not be updating Carbonite any longer. We no longer play WoW and just have too many others things going on in life to devote any time to it.

We have decided to release the full Carbonite addon code under GPL license....
Thank you Haavok and Faatal for all your work.

12-18-12, 08:42 AM   #53
jtrag
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

Thanks for all of your hard work and time you put into Carbonite. I'm glad to see the source has been released and the project will be continued! You guys did the right thing by releasing the source code for it.

Best of luck to you guys with future endeavors!

Thanks again!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.041 Source Released