04-17-16, 02:37 PM   #1
jessica
A Cyclonian
looking for an alert addon for world bosses (alt tab)

often I sit with my character near Galleon or Oondasta for example, and alt-tab to watch some videos while waiting for him to spawn, sometimes it take long time for him to spawn, while doing that I keep alt-tabing back and forth because I am afraid that if he spawns all of a sudden and some people are around, he will be dead instant, which whats been happening to me numorous times already.

and its really boring to sit inside WoW and just watch the ground doing nothing only to camp these bosses.

I'm basically looking for an addon that makes some type of sound alert while I'm enabling sound in the background, a sound that tells me "Hey listen, Galleon just spawned" would be nice. specially for World Bosses.

I've looked into some addons, but none of them alert for world bosses, some of them alert for Rares or other mobs but not world bosses that drop mounts.

I'm talking about "galleon, oondasta, sha of anger, nalak, adding warbringers would be nice too, Rukhmar maybe but he requires a raid so its hard to alt-tab and miss him lol, but basically the world bosses that drop mounts that aren't rares"

thanks.
04-17-16, 02:39 PM   #2
jessica
A Cyclonian
by the way the reason i'm asking for help here is that it happened to me so often that i sometimes cry, i wait for hours and right when i alt-tab to watch a song video or something, i alt-tab back and he's lying dead infront of my character.
04-17-16, 07:36 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I can't recall an addon right off the top of my head to help you out, but have you tried playing in Windowed mode?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-17-16, 07:51 PM   #4
Zavian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I'm aware NPCScan should do the trik, I don't know if the world bossess are already into the alert list but if not you can add 'em manually through the addon's config. After that either you trust NPCScan to fire the sound or you install FlashTaskbar which will flash the wow icon (if you are on windows, dunno in other systems)

NPCScan | FlashTaskbar

Cheers
04-18-16, 03:45 PM   #5
jessica
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Zavian View Post
As far as I'm aware NPCScan should do the trik, I don't know if the world bossess are already into the alert list but if not you can add 'em manually through the addon's config. After that either you trust NPCScan to fire the sound or you install FlashTaskbar which will flash the wow icon (if you are on windows, dunno in other systems)

NPCScan | FlashTaskbar

Cheers
Tried NPCScan, it doesn't do that anymore specially in pre-WoD, when you install the new version it even says that it doesn't work for mobs/npcs prior to WoD for some reason, can't remember the exact reason but its written as a popup when you install the addon, it says you need to mouseover the mobs or something, so that doesn't help me while i'm alt-tabbed.
04-18-16, 05:01 PM   #6
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Have you tried SilverDragon?
04-19-16, 01:27 AM   #7
jessica
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
Have you tried SilverDragon?
ill give that a shot now. will edi this post later, but the name says "silver" which indicates it looks for rares with silver wing on their frames, galleon and oondasta and those world bosses dont got silver thingie. but ill try anyway
04-19-16, 11:07 AM   #8
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The reason why npcscan doesn't do what you're asking is because it's not possible to detect an npc spawning any more. No addon can do what you want.

Several of the things you listed can be detected through the shouts that they put into the chat when they're spawning, or if you're close enough to view their nameplate, or if someone engages them which puts them in the combat log, or if you leave the cursor over their spawn point so they appear under it, or you camp directly on top of their spawn point so it aggroes onto you.

I suspect nowadays many people generally don't sit and wait for something to spawn, they abuse the fact that you can jump between servers by joining random groups in the raid finder until the "rare" unit phases into view.
04-19-16, 11:20 AM   #9
jessica
A Cyclonian
Yes none worked, all are for rares...not world bosses, I can add world bosses manually with silverdragon but then again I needed to mouseover for it to make a notification which defeats the point. Doesn't help me as the title states I am "Alt-tabbed" while idling waiting for a boss to respawn, the spawns usually take 1hr to 2hrs so I really don't want to be staring at my screen ingame watching nothing waiting for a boss to spawn.

It's really nice if there's an alt-tab notification with loud sound for those specific 5 world bosses that drop mounts, they aren't rares (Keep that in mind) they are just world boss elites that drop treasures/mounts. and the thing is, they die within 10seconds, so you need to really wake up when they spawn, sometimes i'm in the kitchen having my wow up on the spawn area, i come back and he's dead. i really wish i can write addons to make this happen.
04-19-16, 01:46 PM   #10
jessica
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
The reason why npcscan doesn't do what you're asking is because it's not possible to detect an npc spawning any more. No addon can do what you want.

Several of the things you listed can be detected through the shouts that they put into the chat when they're spawning, or if you're close enough to view their nameplate, or if someone engages them which puts them in the combat log, or if you leave the cursor over their spawn point so they appear under it, or you camp directly on top of their spawn point so it aggroes onto you.

I suspect nowadays many people generally don't sit and wait for something to spawn, they abuse the fact that you can jump between servers by joining random groups in the raid finder until the "rare" unit phases into view.
Ok I just saw this comment, so based on this is it safe to say that there's no addon to accomplish what I am looking for? which is sad tbh
04-19-16, 08:04 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I can't recall an addon right off the top of my head to help you out, but have you tried playing in Windowed mode?
My earlier post still stands.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-20-16, 06:36 AM   #12
jessica
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
My earlier post still stands.
ok I did in the past, but I'm not sure how would this help me exactly, I don't own a second monitor, and keeping a wow windowmed and up in my screen will hinder my viewing of the other windows if i'm reading or watching a video etc, this is one issue, the second one is if i'm away from keyboard doing something in the kitchen, an alert or sound is the only way to get my attention.

unless you got some trick about having wow in windowmed mode but minimized then that would help me in someway? please elaborate if thats the case cause I am probably missing something here.
04-20-16, 09:22 AM   #13
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
I usually just sit there and use Rarity to scan for Oondasta groups.
It takes longer, but you can do something productive while waiting
09-07-17, 03:23 PM   #14
rzzbr
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
often I sit with my character near Galleon or Oondasta for example, and alt-tab to watch some videos while waiting for him to spawn, sometimes it take long time for him to spawn, while doing that I keep alt-tabing back and forth because I am afraid that if he spawns all of a sudden and some people are around, he will be dead instant, which whats been happening to me numorous times already.

and its really boring to sit inside WoW and just watch the ground doing nothing only to camp these bosses.

I'm basically looking for an addon that makes some type of sound alert while I'm enabling sound in the background, a sound that tells me "Hey listen, Galleon just spawned" would be nice. specially for World Bosses.

I've looked into some addons, but none of them alert for world bosses, some of them alert for Rares or other mobs but not world bosses that drop mounts.

I'm talking about "galleon, oondasta, sha of anger, nalak, adding warbringers would be nice too, Rukhmar maybe but he requires a raid so its hard to alt-tab and miss him lol, but basically the world bosses that drop mounts that aren't rares"

thanks.
Long time ago i was searching for the same thing and there was no addon for that, but.. all Pandaria World Boss have a speech on Spawn... so i had a idea and it worked. I've made a WeakAura to alert me when they spawn/speech, there is the string to import:

Code:
dC0exaqiPk5skPYNGigLsQ6uqKClusTlOk(LsknmLYXeWYKeptq10euUgevBtG6BskmojPCojfDqOQwOG8quIjQKICrPQ2iuL8ruknsjP6Kss0lvsHMPsYnLuTtL4NsvmuuswQKspfmvrDvOk1wvsb9vLuuNfIYALKWCLQu7L6VqzWQuhwvlwG8yvYKvXLr2Su5Zsz0qLttQvdrkVgIunBiDBj2nQ(njdxP64kPalxONRy6exxKTJcFhLQXJsX5rrRxss7hc7aoB4D2IHXqf8egEQeWqXWXWXzdm7PRBiX4vybVTfoYRrGQvJWQgYdUMH5owhw4gIutR4zM7KHdt(x0xTOkTB4Vendkh1TgfRRoKx2mqSz)5h64qgyxFeCEj8Tnd6JH1Ciy)zNBGNk5OU1O44LaggcTJvknxmK7HvgWr6goX4fYdFlSTWclaYRjY32QuTQ5owhwfdOQ)4Sb5rjUuXzdLeQOD2IfdYJsCXzdLeQOD2IfdhDxN(kHkmD2qjHkANTyXquHsoBOKqfTZwSyyNXU8OexC2qjHkANTyXq3FjAf3zdLeQOD2IfdPHWUq)zCqgI)f5SHscv0oBXIflgUC2lbC2WFjAguoQBnkwxDiVSz4VeTIpoByKpkoBOHQyh7VeTIByWPy3qHM5BeMWCNmGS(Rwz4OWk0mFJCidfAMVrgGQJpIB8EVxgokSgQIDhKHJcBuj(XHmuOz(gHDH75Cc1qadJkXpgavIF6DFgexqCdQe)m9UpdIlyS)XtmvWuTiHhvRz4OWUsJOkoidJkXpyx4EoNqnu)hHIwSyqI6wJIoB4KIVOvCdb2muOz(gHP2P4lQOHon)SEKSUbjiLH0qyJkfVOLVqoKHrLIx0YxidaUhXTQdXn(8gfnim3jdedIlgsCIbXfdIUqhdedIlgyb3liURtZ8nYqHM5BKb2QzqiU1Ce3IcXntvkI4(5nkIhdPHWk0mFJCidPHWk0mFJYm3jhYqHM5BuM5ozGLQJFgRoWwS69Sa5(1IHS(RwzXaos3WjEj8TndOQ)4Sb5rjUuXzdLeQOD2IfdvvXjdRXeN1REnIBivkAXqAiSQQ4Kdz4O760xjuHPZgkjur7SflgIkuYzdLeQOD2Ifd7m2LhL4IZgkjur7Sflg6(lrR4oBOKqfTZwSyi(xKZgkjur7SflgKhL4IZgkjur7SflwmC0dslXVendYWZzAisnTINzUtgkQdHAGzpDDdjgVcoaYRrLGRuZGR2wWbQzWbChRdlmdf1HqX2FbNbwQTp(z8U2(RfW91PJovwlG7RthDQSvbpLkgytpDDdjEH1B4zBBlqLkB1yl8avqUHI6qOyv1lSoGHU4xiqIV8EPIb9XaG7rCR6qCJpVrrdSRpcoVe(2MH)C0IwXFumjQBnkoo7LaoBqI6wJIoBqyUtgigexmmPGigexGuxNMngWybFiJbz8RnBiXjgexmi6cDmCsXx0kUHaBgk0mFJWu7u8fv0qNMFwpsw3GeKYWKcIyqCHvrQtZgdaR6VALHcnZ3iditLIiUJFJqC30mObXntvcX9irI3eC9YqAiSrLIx0YxihYWOsXlA5lKba3J4w1H4gFEJIgsdHvOz(g5qgigexmWcUxqCxNM5BKH0qyfAMVrzM7KdzOqZ8nkZCNmWs1XpJvhylw9EwGC)AXqw)vRSyiXLOU1OOZwS4LkoBqI6wJIoByuP4fT8fYaG7rCR6qCJpVrrdjoXG4IbrxOJHR0iQcgo9Hmi6cDmCsXx0kUHaBgigexmWcUxqCxNM5BKHjfeXG4cRIuNMngaw1F1kdfAMVrgqMkfrCh)gH4EsJ8A(G4Uq9YGWCNmqmiUyine2OsXlA5lKdzysbrmiUaPUonBmGXc(qgdY4xB2qAiScnZ3ihYqHM5BeMANIVOIg608Z6rY6gKGugsdHvOz(gLzUtoKHcnZ3OmZDYalvh)mwDGTy17zbY9Rfdz9xTYIHexI6wJIoBXIxc3zdsu3Au0zdcZDYaXG4IHjfeXG4cK660SXagl4dzmiJFTzdjoXG4IbrxOJHtk(IwXneyZqHM5BeMANIVOIg608Z6rY6gKGugMuqedIlSksDA2yayv)vRmuOz(gzazQeIB21OOiU5kbXDqPite3fcX93EnVxgsdHnQu8Iw(c5qggvkErlFHma4Ee3Qoe34ZBu0qAiScnZ3ihYaXG4IbwW9cI760mFJmKgcRqZ8nkZCNCidfAMVrzM7KbwQo(zS6aBXQ3ZcK7xlgY6VALfdjUe1TgfD2IfVeMZgKOU1OOZgeM7KbIbXfdtkiIbXfi11PzJbmwWhYyqg)AZgsCIbXfdIUqhdNu8fTIBiWMHcnZ3im1ofFrfn0P5N1JK1nibPmmPGigexyvK60SXaWQ(RwzOqZ8nYqDMiUzp(coe3DOk2he3DrIqz2ldPHWgvkErlFHCidJkfVOLVqgaCpIBvhIB85nkAinewHM5BKdzGyqCXal4EbXDDAMVrgsdHvOz(gLzUtoKHcnZ3OmZDYalvh)mwDGTy17zbY9Rfdz9xTYIHexI6wJIoBXIfd8ujh1TgfhVGCdAUwWg5JcD8salEPIZgytpDDdjEH1B4zBBlqLkB1yl8avqUbM901nKy8k4aiVgvcUsndUABbhOMbhWDSoSWm8xIwXhNnmYhfNn0qvSJ9xIwXnm4uSBOqZ8nctyUtgqw)vRmCuyfAMVroKHJcRHQy3bzOqZ8nYWYJ(iDe349EVmCuyJkXpoKHcnZ3iSlCpNtOgcy4OWUsJOkoidJkXpgavIF6DFgexqCdQe)m9UpdIlyS)XtmvWuTiHhvRzyuj(b7c3Z5eQH6)iu0Ifd7QOeFTufkvXbzOOoek2(l4mWsT9XpJ312FTS65NpsCGI7exwlRE(5JehO4oXfSv6goHR5n8uQyqI6wJIoB4KIVOvCdb2muOz(gHP2P4lQOHon)SEKSUbjiLH0qyJkfVOLVqoKHrLIx0Yxidlp6J0nqmiUyGfCVG4UonZ3idfAMVrgQse3FbXDqQihXTQdXTGlXpuSxgeM7KbIbXfdPHWk0mFJCidjoXG4IbrxOJH0qyfAMVrzM7KdzOqZ8nkZCNmWs1XpJvhylw9EwGC)AXqw)vRSyiQKx0kUxQunKBahPB4eVe(2Mbu1FC2G8OexQ4SHscv0oBXIb5rjU4SHscv0oBXIHJURtFLqfMoBOKqfTZwSyi(xKZgkjur7Sflg2zSlpkXfNnusOI2zlwm09xIwXD2qjHkANTyXqAiSQQ4KdziQqjNnusOI2zlwmuvfNmuLdkH4w1H4oJlXpu0IHHwdse)I8YMHi10kEM5ozOOoeQH)s0mOCu3AuSU6qEzZWrpiTe)s0midpNPHU4xiqIV8EPIH)C0IwXFumjQBnkooBXa76JGZlHVTzqFmS8Ops3apvYrDRrXXlbmO5AbBKpk0XlbS4LWD2WrpiTe)s0midpNPbM901nKy8k4aiVgvcUsndUABbhOMbhWDSoSWm8xIMbLJ6wJI1vhYlBg(lrR4JZgg5JIZgAOk2X(lrR4ggCk2nuOz(gHjm3jdiR)QvgokScnZ3ihYqHM5BKb2(OOKIJ4gV37LHJcRHQy3bz4OWgvIFCidfAMVryx4EoNqneWWOs8JbqL4NEZsKEjfPExLOO6ZZ7DOv4ZYAeRkrr1NNJTfgEuTMHJc7knIQ4GmmQe)GDH75Cc1q9FekAXGMRfNnCuyxPrufhKflg2vrj(APkuQIdYGe1TgfD2WjfFrR4gcSzOqZ8nctTtXxurdDA(z9izDdsqkdJkfVOLVqgybNM6qCdpkt9yine2OsXlA5lKdzqyUtgigexmqmiUyGfCVG4UonZ3idfAMVrgwPucI7NFqCVRrr)gziXjgexmi6cDmKgcRqZ8nYHmKgcRqZ8nkZCNCidfAMVrzM7KbwQo(zS6aBXQ3ZcK7xlgY6VALfdrL8IwX9s4bBahPB4eVe(2Mbu1FC2G8OexQ4SHscv0oBXIb5rjU4SHscv0oBXIH0qyvvXjhYWr31PVsOctNnusOI2zlwmevOKZgkjur7Sflg2zSlpkXfNnusOI2zlwm09xIwXD2qjHkANTyXqvvCYWA4JIsmrCR6qCl4ie34LkfrCVM18Zyi(xKZgkjur7SflgsdHfPhT4GSyisnTINzUtgkQdHAOOoek2(l4mWsT9XpJ312FT1tdUNhI(rwB90G75HOFK6QexWtPIHU4xiqIV8EPIb9XaBFuusXnWU(i48s4BBg(ZrlAf)rXKOU1O44Sfd8ujh1TgfhVeWaB6PRBiXlSEdpBBBbQuzRgBHhOcYT4LWC2WrpiTe)s0midpNPH)s0mOCu3AuSU6qEzZWFjAfFC2WiFuC2qdvXo2FjAf3WGtXUHcnZ3imH5ozaz9xTYWrHvOz(g5qgokSgQIDhKHcnZ3id9O4NFKhXnRsOO0PxgokSrL4hhYqHM5Be2fUNZjudbmCuyxPrufhKHrL4hdGkXp9UpdIliUbvIFME3NbXfm2)4jMkyQwKWJQ1mmQe)GDH75Cc1q9FekAXIHDvuIVwQcLQ4GmuuhcfB)fCgyP2(4NX7A7V2Q45Nh9J61eXqJoFkU2Q45Nh9J6qViO08PiEkvmirDRrrNnCsXx0kUHaBgk0mFJWu7u8fv0qNMFwpsw3GeKYWOsXlA5lKH1Kc3xEoIBbhH4oe9JG4ELkEmKgcBuP4fT8fYHmim3jdedIlgsCIbXfdIUqhdedIlgyb3liURtZ8nYqHM5BKHQRy3qAiScnZ3ihYqAiScnZ3OmZDYHmuOz(gLzUtgyP64NXQdSfREplqUFTyiR)QvwmevYlAf3lHhOAgWr6goXlHVTzav9hNnipkXLkoBOKqfTZwSyOQkozOkhucXTQdXnB1pxgdhDxN(kHkmD2qjHkANTyXqAiSQQ4KdzyNXU8OexC2qjHkANTyXq3FjAf3zdLeQOD2IfdX)IC2qjHkANTyXquHsoBOKqfTZwSyqEuIloBOKqfTZwSyXqKAAfpZCNmuuhc1aB6PRBiXlSEdpBBBbQuzRgBHhOcYnuuhcfRQEH1HBOl(fcK4lVxQyqFm0JIF(rEdSRpcoVe(2MH)C0IwXFumjQBnkooBXapvYrDRrXXlbmWSNUUHeJxbha51OsWvQzWvBl4a1m4aUJ1HfMflgy4LaHvjGfBa
Hope it is still useful for some of you.. Sadly it does not work for Rukhmar since that bird does not have a speech. :/

EDIT: As @Kanegasi said, Oondasta spawns silently, but there is a mob that do a speech on the Pull so that Aura will alert you on the pull for Oondasta. Btw.. Alert will be done using Master Volume, so as long as you have Master Volume up, you can mute your game and you'll still have a Alert Sound.

Last edited by rzzbr : 09-07-17 at 11:11 PM.
09-07-17, 09:38 PM   #15
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Play with sound in the background, so you can hear the game when alt-tabbed. This setting is in the sound menu of WoW's system settings. As for a direct notification, DBM has a setting which will make the ready check noise for a boss in combat near you along with flashing the taskbar of WoW itself.

If just background sound works for you, keep in mind that Oondasta spawns silently, so only combat noises will give you warning. The other three Pandaria world bosses have a voice line when they appear.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » looking for an alert addon for world bosses (alt tab)