03-12-10, 09:26 PM   #1
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Arrow Mod request

Hello, I come to WoW Interface EVERY DAY! I love this site, Its the best mod site ever however after months of looking through mods on this site I have not come across a mod where a member of my party, Guild or raid could type something like !vent and it would post ventrilo info in a whisper to them or where ever they said it.

I am looking for something like this to be made to be made for me if at all possible

A few things that I am looking for in the mod is a UI Panel which I can add multiple !commands for various things.

A spam protector so that the person using the !command cant abuse it.

And for it to work on channels Raid, Guild, Wisper , Party and private channels
03-13-10, 02:22 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by morpheusxeno View Post
Hello, I come to WoW Interface EVERY DAY! I love this site, Its the best mod site ever however after months of looking through mods on this site I have not come across a mod where a member of my party, Guild or raid could type something like !vent and it would post ventrilo info in a whisper to them or where ever they said it.

I am looking for something like this to be made to be made for me if at all possible

A few things that I am looking for in the mod is a UI Panel which I can add multiple !commands for various things.

A spam protector so that the person using the !command cant abuse it.

And for it to work on channels Raid, Guild, Wisper , Party and private channels
You don't need a AddOn for this. A simple macro will work nicely. Something like:

For party:

/p Hey, please join Vent. Here are the details: Server - <Vent server>, Password - <server password>,
Port (if needed) - <port number>

For a whisper macro, replace the /p with a /w. Then target the person and hit the macro. For a raid announcement macro, replace the /p with /ra.

You can use these simple macros for all kinds of commonly used announcements.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-13-10 at 02:25 AM.
03-13-10, 06:24 AM   #3
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
For party:

/p Hey, please join Vent. Here are the details: Server - <Vent server>, Password - <server password>,

For a whisper macro, replace the /p with a /w. Then target the person and hit the macro. For a raid announcement macro, replace the /p with /ra.

You can use these simple macros for all kinds of commonly used announcements.
You don't even need to include the /pm /w or /ra in the macro. If you had a macro which was just this:

Hey, please join Vent. Here are the details: Server - <Vent server>, Password - <server password>,

then you could type /p, /w or /ra and then press the macro button. The macro will then post to whatever chat channel you've selected in the chat box.
03-13-10, 06:48 AM   #4
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Your not catching the idea of this I guess, I want it to beable to be used not just for ventrilo but multiple other things that could use a !command, I am willing to play $ USD for it.
03-13-10, 07:08 AM   #5
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Your not catching the idea of this I guess, I want it to beable to be used not just for ventrilo but multiple other things that could use a !command, I am willing to play $ USD for it.
So you basicly want an autoreplier addon, with settings for registering a certain !command with a reply?
03-13-10, 07:22 AM   #6
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Correct, It needs to have a spam limiter as well so that some one cant keep using the !commands more than the wow "spam limit" - Maybe also something that will suppress the wispers so that I dont see when some one uses a !command or a !reply
03-13-10, 08:06 AM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I'll do it, how do you want it controlled? Do you want a slash command to add/modify/ remove a reply like this?

Code:
/auto add !vent Ventrilo: 127.0.0.1 Port: 9000
03-13-10, 04:59 PM   #8
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I added you on MSN So we could talk it over under the name FlashDeck (Morph****@hotmail.com - While I was at work today I was thinking more about it. If we could talk personally about this mod that would be fantastic. - There are a few more bits of ideas I would like added to it. As well as a UI for it.

Features desired -

^UI
^Spam Suppression
^Ability for multiple guild members to use the mod, Looking for the mod to prioritize its self amongst guild mates, Same way that Wintertime does ( meaning if some one uses a !command in guild chat, Only 1 person with the mod will auto announce )
^Ability to add multiple !commands
^If player is AFK during the !auto reply - reply saying so
^share raid info such as !next raid **Shares info between members with the mod**

Last edited by morpheusxeno : 03-13-10 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Features Desired &
03-13-10, 09:15 PM   #9
Beoko
Something like this would be incredibly easy to create, and addon authors are not allowed to charge for their services:

Originally Posted by UI Add-On Development Policy
1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
The full policy can be viewed here:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy/ui.html

If you wish to donate to the person who may create this for you, then that is acceptable. But please realize that something like this would take very little time, and if they are only doing it for the "donation" then I would begin to question their motives.
03-13-10, 10:22 PM   #10
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

This is a donation and Im getting irritated, Stop pestering me about how easy the mod is to make, I really dont care. This is between him and me. If i want to give him 100$ for making a mod with 2 lines of code in it, Then so be it. If you dont want to contribute to the mod or write the mod your self then get out of this thread. Im not trying to be a douche , Im just getting annoyed with the deflection.

Added
Features desired -

^UI
^Spam Suppression
^Ability for multiple guild members to use the mod, Looking for the mod to prioritize its self amongst guild mates, Same way that Wintertime does ( meaning if some one uses a !command in guild chat, Only 1 person with the mod will auto announce )
^Ability to add multiple !commands
^If player is AFK during the !auto reply - reply saying so
^share raid info such as !next raid **Shares info between members with the mod**

Last edited by morpheusxeno : 03-13-10 at 10:35 PM.
03-14-10, 12:11 AM   #11
Beoko
This is a donation and Im getting irritated, Stop pestering me about how easy the mod is to make, I really dont care. This is between him and me. If i want to give him 100$ for making a mod with 2 lines of code in it, Then so be it. If you dont want to contribute to the mod or write the mod your self then get out of this thread. Im not trying to be a douche , Im just getting annoyed with the deflection.
Considering I'm the first person to actually make a claim of the difficulty of said project and I tried to present it from a neutral perspective, I believe you are grossly overreacting. I have no issues with whom or how you may or may not create this, but I saw you so willing to throw money at it that I thought you may have appreciated some knowledge on the situation. I'm sorry that you perceived my post in such a way, and I will no longer try to help you on making uninformed decisions. Just remember that you came here asking for help, and the best way to get that is not insulting those who are trying to give it.
03-17-10, 01:02 AM   #12
Eymbak
A Murloc Raider
This sounds like a good idea.

Could it also include the ability to auto reply with a trade skill link like [Jewelcrafting] or [Blacksmithing].
03-17-10, 09:25 AM   #13
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Eymbak View Post
This sounds like a good idea.

Could it also include the ability to auto reply with a trade skill link like [Jewelcrafting] or [Blacksmithing].
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...bProflink.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod request