08-30-10, 08:01 AM   #1
clam729
A Murloc Raider
Duplicate Minimap

Hey all - any addons out there that will make a copy of your minimap ? I currently use Squeenix and have my minimap in the upper-right corner. When I am in farm mode (for herbs and nodes), I was thinking it would be nice to have a copy of the minimap displayed in the center of my screen, slightly below my character so I can see the yellow dots w/o having to keep glancing to the corner.

At one point I tried using Gatherer, but the addon has way too many features and the overlay option was tough to use effectively. Now I using GatherMate to record my nodes.
08-30-10, 08:28 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could take a look at SexyMap. It has a HUD mode that will put an enlarged version of the minimap right in the center of the screen. Kinda the same idea as Gatherer's HUD.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/sexymap.aspx
09-01-10, 02:19 PM   #3
Sabon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite might also be worth considering. It has the extra minimap ability you are looking for plus can display locations of nodes when farming. It's also possible to adjust its size and shape to your liking. Hope this helps.
09-03-10, 09:29 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sabon View Post
Carbonite might also be worth considering. It has the extra minimap ability you are looking for plus can display locations of nodes when farming. It's also possible to adjust its size and shape to your liking. Hope this helps.
You can, also, put Carbonites' minimized map wherever you want it. It can be locked (so it can't be accidentally moved or re-sized) or unlocked to move or re-size it without opening an options window. You have to integrate the Blizzard minimap into it so you have the active node markers right on your Carbonite map, but like most gathering addons it will show you possible node locations if you import the database it comes with. However, Carbonite is much more than a map addon. It's primary function is a questing aid.

Why not just move Squeenix to where you want when farming, and move it back when you're done? Unless it's been changed recently, that's one of the options available in Squeenix.
09-03-10, 09:37 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Chinchilla minimap has a toggleable center-of-screen-and-larger mode - it'll hang out wherever you put it normally, and then you hit a button and it changes size and moves in towards the screen center.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Duplicate Minimap