03-04-06, 09:45 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
1.10 Test Server Errors

Let's help each other out guys. What works, what doesn't, screenshots of error messages if you are using someone else's mod, etc and so on ...

I'll start.

Lego: CharactersViewer, ss#1

Jacend: ChatEx v0.6 Beta, ss#2

Sutorix: Fishing Buddy, ss#3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	characterviewer.gif
Views:	1142
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	475  Click image for larger version

Name:	chatex.gif
Views:	901
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	476  Click image for larger version

Name:	fishingbuddy.gif
Views:	995
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	477  
03-04-06, 10:07 AM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The FishingBuddy error is due to TurnOrActionStart() and TurnOrActionStop() now unhookable. The hook still runs but the UI function doesn't. It appears to check if the TurnOrActionStart is the original and then leaves immediately without performing the action if it's not (returning control to the hooker(if that's not a real term I'm knighting it one now)).

Small aside, but due to the amount of time it can take to log in, remember:
- Stop by the AddOns button and 'Load Out of Date' (even the char select to entering world can take a good 10 minutes)
- If you suffer the sound bug where alt-tab blasts volume to max, it appears that SetCVar("SoundMaxHardwareChannels",0) doesn't work in game even on ReloadUI(), you'll need to completely exit the game. This part took me a good half hour to get working. I suggest editing the value in config.wtf before you log in. (you'll probably need to create the file for the first login: SET SoundMaxHardwareChannels "0" should work as the only line.
- Mods that can enable/disable mods while logged in are invaluable when the login process is really slow. I use MCP but there are others.

Last edited by Gello : 03-04-06 at 10:11 AM.
03-04-06, 10:24 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Gello
The FishingBuddy error is due to TurnOrActionStart() and TurnOrActionStop() now unhookable. The hook still runs but the UI function doesn't. It appears to check if the TurnOrActionStart is the original and then leaves immediately without performing the action if it's not (returning control to the hooker(if that's not a real term I'm knighting it one now)).
/nod, I know, just thought I'd post a SS of the actual message you get in game now.

Originally Posted by Gello
Small aside, but due to the amount of time it can take to log in, remember:
- (even the char select to entering world can take a good 10 minutes)
- Mods that can enable/disable mods while logged in are invaluable when the login process is really slow. I use MCP but there are others.
I really wish they'd enabled the contest servers at the same time. Most would have gone there. Hopefully it'll improve when those come online. Tip, in the meantime: If you absolutely have to log out and back in for some reason (to make a quick change to something), deliberately crash yourself out, don't do a proper log. You bypass the queue. (I'm running in windowed mode and just hit the close button, works great. )

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-04-06 at 10:58 AM.
03-04-06, 11:48 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Cide, TS, got one for you, CT_Buff
And another for CT_Buff
One for Futr, BEB
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ctbuff.gif
Views:	931
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	478  Click image for larger version

Name:	ctbuff2.gif
Views:	791
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	484  Click image for larger version

Name:	beb.gif
Views:	772
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	485  

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-08-06 at 01:09 AM.
03-04-06, 09:34 PM   #5
Osagasu_Jiyuu
A Cyclonian

Cast Options is broken, in fact making the mouse lock up and disappear, forcing you to alt+f4 out. This happened twice; once on startup and after reloadui it happened after I started trying to cast. It also causes the Blizzard Messgage.

ListFix is causing Ace to cause the Blizzard Message on Right Click.

Forgotten Chat doesn't show any new error messages, but it acts like you have the options set to 0 widgets all the time.

Some mod is causing a color picker option to open at start up. EDIT: I have a copy of the error:
Error: [string "ColorPickerOkayButton:OnClick"]:3: attempt to call field `func' (a nil value)
No word on what's causing it though, I didn't think I had any of those mods activated for the PTR.

I don't know if this is because Ace is broken for the moment, but the Titan Mod Support Project is causing an error message that has to do with the KCI button. I'll post the error message next time it shows up.

Mozz FullWorldMap now causes the world map to not show anything, and Mozz Tweaks is causing an error that I didn't catch.

Error caught and hogtied!
Error: Interface\AddOns\MozzTweaks\MozzTweaks.lua:424: attempt to call global `CastingBarFrame_UpdatePosition' (a nil value)

It seems I messed up on Friends Facts. I closed and opened my social tab later and it seems that it might just be some sort of delay.

WhoBuddy now displays Brackets surrounding the player name. just an inconvience, but a bug nontheless.

SuperInspect's Show Bonuses button doesn't work.

eCastingBar exhibits some odd behaviors which have to do with the displaying of channeling-style spells and animations for the most part.
Osagasu
Stream
Sondessa
Saphilna

That annoying troll from the WoW forums who honestly means well. T_T

Last edited by Osagasu_Jiyuu : 03-05-06 at 09:44 PM.
03-04-06, 10:24 PM   #6
Prandur
A Defias Bandit
2 more

I got two (make that three now) so far (in addition to the Ace one which has already been reported).

Dire: BossPanel - CombatInfo (attached ss #1)
The error prevents the addon from loading at startup

Grayhoof: Scrolling Combat Text (attached ss #2)
SCT still sort of works, but everytime you gain a buff the attached error window pops up.

Edit: Found another.
Thirsterhall: AceHeal (attached ss #3)
Whenever you try to click cast (any combination I've tried, ctrl+right_click, shift+left_click, etc) you get the error message.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	prandur_bpcombatinfo_error.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	479  Click image for larger version

Name:	prandur_sct_error.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	480  Click image for larger version

Name:	prandur_aceheal_error.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	481  

Last edited by Prandur : 03-04-06 at 10:54 PM. Reason: found one more
03-05-06, 01:12 AM   #7
Blissfulpain
A Kobold Labourer
http://www.wowwiki.com/Broken_Addons..._and_Reporting

wiki page here, so we can all keep it up to date.
03-05-06, 02:56 AM   #8
Murkeli
A Kobold Labourer
They seem to have broken tooltips as well, I can't get any text from hidden tooltips on the test realm. This effectively means there's no way to get info of a certain buff or an action for example, unless you make the tooltip visible for a sec.

This is the one really bothering me and I hope it's just a mistake they'll be fixing...

1.10 patch has now completely or partially destroyed 19 of my addons, most of my own and I just can't even imagine playing without these addons.
03-05-06, 09:27 AM   #9
ashemedai
A Kobold Labourer
I'll try to keep the stuff updated with what I find on the European servers (still dislike the fact I can't post on the US server fora).

worldofwarcraft.com - wow-europe.com : 1 - 0, server here is unreachable, yay Test Realms.
03-06-06, 07:04 AM   #10
Ardsagart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So far I've tested

I copied my mod folder directly from 1.9 to 1.10 wowtest folder, to see how things all worked. I tested each mod standalone, so as not to get any conflicts.

Gatherer 2.2.1.0 works for me.
- I enabled it, logged in, clicked on the minimap menu, was able to set everything to 'on' (which requires clicking each menu item twice), and was able to records both herb and mineral nodes, with the relevant icon appearing on the minimap without any errors.
Further testing should be done, YMMV.

ItemRack 1.8 has script errors when enabling and mouse-over the belt and pants slot.
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/ard...or-wowtest.jpg

I don't use too many other mods, the main ones are listed on the Wiki page already
03-06-06, 06:19 PM   #11
AnduinLothar
Nobody of Importance

Cair, the screenshots are killing me. Use ImprovedErrorFrame and just copy/paste the error.

Also, CharactersViewer is fixed in the Cosmos Alpha.
03-07-06, 11:56 AM   #12
Islorgris
A Murloc Raider
Gatherer works fine, it doesn't hook anything anyway and doesn't modify existing Blizzard code.

keep in mind that an addon reported as blocked may not be the one causing the problem, it's simply the one at the top of the processing stack.

the Addons wrongly reported as Blocked/Disabled on the wiki page mentioned up there will start to fill up eventually.

Cair, you might as well put the link to the Wiki and to the following post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...ation&t=331202) in your first post, that will probably saves some time if people know they have to be careful with the environment (ie. enabled addons) they perform their tests with.
03-08-06, 12:09 PM   #13
Legorol
A Cliff Giant
CharactersViewer

CharactersViewer is now really fixed. It was fixed once already by AnduinLothar as he says, but then it was broken. I refixed it, should be in Cosmos Alpha within the hour.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 1.10 Test Server Errors