01-24-10, 05:45 PM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
20000 lines and counting. Need a partner!

Okay so im getting overwhelmed. i seriously need a partner for this. Anyone up for the job? Partner on GrimUI?

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01-24-10, 07:31 PM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
To do what now? I'm curious and I don't know what this is previously about! :O lol
01-24-10, 08:32 PM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

I need a partner to work on GrimUI. its becoming more then one person could do in a life time lol

Hoping to find someone with as much coding knowledge as myself at lest to use, test, and code GrimUI.

when i say code i mean, make small adjustments, fix bugs, help add new features. Like right now... im trying to figure out the taint issues. would be n ice if someone else was working on the buff frames... or better yet... i finished the wide screen layout setup for the interface... the other screen layout needs to be done now.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01-30-10, 08:42 PM   #4
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
I need a partner to work on GrimUI. its becoming more then one person could do in a life time lol

Hoping to find someone with as much coding knowledge as myself at lest to use, test, and code GrimUI.

when i say code i mean, make small adjustments, fix bugs, help add new features. Like right now... im trying to figure out the taint issues. would be n ice if someone else was working on the buff frames... or better yet... i finished the wide screen layout setup for the interface... the other screen layout needs to be done now.
Ah okay I'm not extremely savy with Lua or I would help you indefinitely If I knew Lua I would be down and ready however :O

Maybe I will check it out and see if I can make a widescreen layout for it I can modify... but I can't make Lua code from scratch

-Ferous
01-30-10, 08:59 PM   #5
Sythalin
Curse staff

20k lines? Jesus man what are you doing, rewriting Blizz's entire API?
01-30-10, 09:19 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, wonder how many lines nUI has. Rofl. When I have a week spare I'll count it

Rofl, well apart from Layout and Localization files nUI has over 30k lines. Granted about 4k are comment lines and empty lines but still, thats alot of lines for one man to upkeep rofl.

Last edited by Xrystal : 01-30-10 at 09:26 PM.
01-30-10, 11:16 PM   #7
Sythalin
Curse staff

Separating key functions/frames into their own files would probably help greatly. I did that with my project, then combined them together as one file later. Much easier to keep track of.
01-31-10, 04:00 AM   #8
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I'm willing to help, PM me if you're interested.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 20000 lines and counting. Need a partner!