05-29-10, 02:41 AM   #1
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
action bar issue?

Hiya people.

i'm using the action bar package for openRDX and switched my locks spec yesterday from destro to demo.

Now i got the problem that action bar 1 doesn't switch when using demonic presence. I've tried a lot of things, used the states from the guides, but i can't seem to get it to work.

If i read correctly, [bonusbar:1] is for rogues and priests (stealth and shadowform)

bonusbar 1, 2 and 3 are for the warrrior's stances, and 1 trough 4 are for the druids shapes.

My logical conclusion from this is that when using the demonic form i have to use bonusbar 1.

But i tried every type of actionbar from the list, but it just doesn't switch.

maybe its due to my action bar setup?

bar 1, 2 and 3 have 12 buttons (1 - 36)
bar 4 has 8 buttons (37-44)
bar 5 has 2 buttons (45-46)

its a bit messy in the screenshot, and the actionbar floating is disabled now.

also when i want to swap my spells around, they get activated, is there a way to be able to pick them up from the action bar withouth actually using them?
05-29-10, 02:58 AM   #2
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the "ability activates when swapping" thing has to do with the AnyUp/AnyDown option. rdx-actionbars are configured to call the action when a button is pressed down aka OnAnyDown, the default-ui and most other actionbar-mods activate the action when the button is released aka OnAnyUp. depending on your playstyle, using OnAnyDown can decrease the delay between your casts and thus increase your dps. in the actionbar-configuration menu there is a option "use anyup" or something like that in the top section of the menu, if you activate that option the bars will behave like the default ui and wont activate spells if you drag them around.

/e

for demon-form, i just played around a bit with the default-ui and there seems to be no stance-type bar definition for this ?
on my priest, the bar changes when switching to shadow-form, on my druid the bar changes with forms, but for my warlock nothing changes when activating metamorphosis, so to me it looks like there is no specific stance-bar defined by blizzard for demon-form, and if this is true i think there is no way to automaticaly switch the bar with state-definitions in openrdx

Last edited by Brainn : 05-29-10 at 03:09 AM.
05-29-10, 03:27 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

that anyup / anydown explains a lot ty , now i can change it so things i have on other action bars besides bar 1 can be swapped around withouth using them.

Used a load of flasks last nite trying to swap some buttons around

about the stance, i already had a bad feeling that it wasn't something i was doing, but more something not configured in openRDX, that feeling i got when i was reading the guide on it. Sigg mentions warriors, rogues, priests and druids but no warlocks

anyway, is there a custom definition i could use that when for example metamorphosis is active bar 10 is shown instead of bar 1?

Then i had another question regarding the bars. On bossfights like bloodqueen where you get bitten, does the action bar by default switch? Or do i need to make it do so in the setup? Its kind of annoying in 25 man mode when bitten you miss the chance to bite someone else
05-29-10, 03:53 AM   #4
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
since it looks like metamorphosis is not defined as a "stance" i cant think of a way to make rdx auto-swap the bars, at last not with the options currently available
on the other hand, i dont really see the need for a bar-swap, since the only thing you use only when in demon-form is immolation aura and eventualy demon charge, and for just one or two buttons i wont need a complete new bar `?

for the bql encounter (and other stuff, f.ex. the cannons on gunship-battle and vehicles in general) you have to define a state "[bonusbar:5] possess"
05-29-10, 04:11 AM   #5
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

what about cleave? am using that.

but i need a bar swap, its something personal as i have too many stuff on my normal action bar already
05-29-10, 05:35 AM   #6
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Check bartender4 for this(most configurable action bars addon I know), if it has such options, maybe sigg can make them also.
Another way is just to use macross with modifiers
"Metamorphosis is considered [form:2] in macros." maybe it can work somehow for stances.
Sadly have no warlock to test it

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stance
ps: found this comment in google

"They used to have this in the PTR. If I remember correctly, there was a blue post on the beta forums that they took it out intentionally. Their reasoning was that since it was such a short duration, it was too hard to setup the new buttons. On the PTR, I would agree. It wasn't enough time for me to drag all the buttons I needed within one cast and I had to wait for the cooldown again to get the rest."
05-29-10, 05:54 AM   #7
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

basically the only reason i'm using an action button switch is because i have a lot of stuff on my action bar,

apart from that, when i press the button on my action bar to use meta, imho its easier to press 1 directly afterwards to charge in and then cast immo aura, cleave, sb till mc procs and then inc, telly back after meta wears off and start from 1 till . for my default rotation again.

I don't want to look on my keyboard just to see if i'm pressing the correct buttons, or having to need 2 hands just to press everything, i need to have one hand free enough to move when needed. And the easiest way to do that, is having 2 different action bars setup for normal casting mode and meta mode

the whole point of getting RDX is to skip all the addons like bartender, pitbull, kgpanels, etc, and just have 1 addon loaded that manages everyting But for now, it indeed seems i'm stuck at using bartender untill sigg shows his face and tells us the secret answer
05-29-10, 06:20 AM   #8
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If it works in bartender, just check how it is done there and tell sigg.
05-29-10, 06:35 AM   #9
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

what i can find in the lua file is the following:

Code:
["states"] = {
	["actionbar"] = false,
		["stance"] = {
			["WARLOCK"] = {
				["metamorphosis"] = 10,
						},
				  },
                  },
where 10 is the bar i tell it to use.
05-31-10, 06:42 AM   #10
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

sigg, any solution to this?

i sort of dislike using bartender just for bar 1, because if i want to make it so it fits in the UI, i have to install buttonfacade as well.

Thats 2 addons just so i don't have the bar swap issue on my lock :cry:
05-31-10, 11:05 AM   #11
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
use a custom handler and enter :

[bar:2] 1; [bar:3] 2; [bar:4] 3; [bar:5] 4; [bar:6] 5; [bonusbar:5] possess; [form:3] 6; [form:2] 6;

do not forget the last ;

Cheers
Sigg
06-04-10, 09:49 AM   #12
MNKyDeth
A Theradrim Guardian
Ouch, I saw this thread after posting to the OP's previous thread.

It seems the question is already answered?
If not with what sigg supplied plus what I added to the other thread I am sure that would be enough info.

previous thread
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32782

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » action bar issue?