03-31-06, 04:49 AM   #21
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Angry

Originally Posted by Keppler
I can manually decurse as fast as, and more precicely than someone with decursive, because I'm making the situational decisions.

Back on Topic ->
2 self buffs with one click is a no-no.l

If I wanted to know if it was a nono or not, I would have emailed blizzard. Second, maybe you didn't understand when I said I wanted GOOD information, as in something that will help, so let me clarify it for you: If you don't have anything positive to add, then don't answer me please!
03-31-06, 05:53 AM   #22
Keppler
An Aku'mai Servant
I suggest you take it up with Blizzard then, and perhaps use a tone, more polite.
03-31-06, 06:28 AM   #23
neriak_x
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sarenity
If I wanted to know if it was a nono or not, I would have emailed blizzard. Second, maybe you didn't understand when I said I wanted GOOD information, as in something that will help, so let me clarify it for you: If you don't have anything positive to add, then don't answer me please!
Uhm .. your question was how to do it and you got your answer, it's not working with one keypress or click. You could create a macro with both spells in it and double-click or press the button, but with one click it's impossible.

I'd also say you should watch your tone, because YOU are the one who's asking for help .. btw those magenta burns in my eyes
03-31-06, 07:00 AM   #24
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Wow - the OP sure has turned into an ass.

Anyways, as everyone is saying....YOU CANNOT CAST 2 SPELLS AS ONE CLICK OR KEYPRESS.

Caps emphasized to hopefully get through his thick skull.

Marth

03-31-06, 07:19 AM   #25
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If I wanted to know if it was a nono or not, I would have emailed blizzard. Second, maybe you didn't understand when I said I wanted GOOD information, as in something that will help
You may not care. We do.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
03-31-06, 03:34 PM   #26
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Pfffft!

First off, I asked for help, not to be treated like a 2yo telling me it was a "nono"! Secondly, I asked for good information if anyone had any. I read through this thread and saw idiots bashing people who use the easy buff options and so I POLITELY asked to get good information, not snide remarks, and what do I get? Snide remarks. Thirdly, I will behave the way I want, when I want, period. If I don't get help because of it, that's my fault right? So don't waste your time with useless comments.

Cairenn, did I say I did not care??? No! I said if I wanted to know that, I would have emailed blizzard, simple enough. So, please don't presume you know what I care about and what I don't, you don't even know me. If there is a way to do it with macros or something, then it's not something blizzard would frown upon or they would disable that too. So, I was seeing if there was any macro/code guru's that know a way.

Neriak_x, thanks for the macro info. I actually tried that and it doesn't work because it tries to cast the second spell too quickly. I know WoW isn't EQ, but EQ had a /pause command so that you could macro two things together, but I'm guessing that WoW doesn't. I don't know anything about programming addon's, but I'm hoping there is a way to create one that pauses. I have no problem with manually clicking a button to do the buffs, I just need something other than more keys on my already-100-button-hotbar. LOL.
03-31-06, 07:01 PM   #27
Logdan
A Black Drake
I don't know anything about programming addon's, but I'm hoping there is a way to create one that pauses.
You can. You just can't use that pause to delay a spellcast.
03-31-06, 10:49 PM   #28
apollyoonx
A Kobold Labourer
Looks like great minds think alike...

Here I think this can help solve our autobuff options, now all we need is to put the 2 togehter and make it work...

Check this and see what i mean...Maybe all these authors shoud get together and talk...

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=3648

The IsMoving addon exposes the PlayerIsMoving function to macros and addons, which returns true when the player is in motion. Due to changes in permissions in patch 1.10, this is no longer accomplished by modifying keybindings, but instead keeps track of your map position and updates it according to an adjustable time rate.
Changes :
v1.1:
- Due to changes that prevents using movement functions in addons, this addon has been completely reworked. Functionality is the same.
- Added /IsMoving commands to change the rate at which the players position is updated by the addon. Depending on your framerate and system performance, you may need to lower or increase this value. The default is 0.1 (player position updates every 1/10th of a second.)
- Known Bugs: Will not work in instances and other mapless areas due to restrictions on the GetPlayerMapPosition function. In these situations, it will always return false.

v1.0 (unreleased):
- Added a IsMoving section the keybindings menu. By mapping W, S, Q, and E to these functions, PlayerIsMoving is usable.
- PlayerIsMoving function returns true if the player is moving, false if not.
04-02-06, 03:48 PM   #29
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Hrmmm....

Originally Posted by Logdan
You can. You just can't use that pause to delay a spellcast.
Would inputting a "search" to see if you have the buff be enough delay? I know other programs can see what buffs you have on.

Originally Posted by Apollyoonx
Here I think this can help solve our autobuff options, now all we need is to put the 2 togehter and make it work...

Check this and see what i mean...Maybe all these authors shoud get together and talk...

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=3648

The IsMoving addon exposes the PlayerIsMoving function to macros and addons, which returns true when the player is in motion. Due to changes in permissions in patch 1.10, this is no longer accomplished by modifying keybindings, but instead keeps track of your map position and updates it according to an adjustable time rate.
Changes :
v1.1:
- Due to changes that prevents using movement functions in addons, this addon has been completely reworked. Functionality is the same.
- Added /IsMoving commands to change the rate at which the players position is updated by the addon. Depending on your framerate and system performance, you may need to lower or increase this value. The default is 0.1 (player position updates every 1/10th of a second.)
- Known Bugs: Will not work in instances and other mapless areas due to restrictions on the GetPlayerMapPosition function. In these situations, it will always return false.

v1.0 (unreleased):
- Added a IsMoving section the keybindings menu. By mapping W, S, Q, and E to these functions, PlayerIsMoving is usable.
- PlayerIsMoving function returns true if the player is moving, false if not.
It seems logical that it can be done by those that know how to code this. It would just require adding some "if" and "then" lines, but doesn't seem too tricky. I haven't coded in so many years though, I really wish I would have stuck with it after I stopped MUDD'ing. Bleh.
Have you contacted the author of the above mod? They may even know how.
04-02-06, 10:00 PM   #30
Logdan
A Black Drake
Sarenity and apollyoonx, both of your ideas will not work.

When you press a button that starts movement, you can't do anything with that press. That's what a hook is. Knowing if you are moving or not won't do anything to automaticaly cast buffs.
04-02-06, 11:59 PM   #31
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Sarenity and apollyoonx, both of your ideas will not work.

When you press a button that starts movement, you can't do anything with that press. That's what a hook is. Knowing if you are moving or not won't do anything to automaticaly cast buffs.
Ahhh =( Is there a way to make an addon that when you click on the addon's button it will check if you have 2 spells and cast them on you if you don't? So it's not "automatic", you'll actually have to use the addon key or whatever, but it's a "meet in the middle".

My next quest is to figure out how to fix Mozzmap! Wheeee.

Thanks!
04-03-06, 12:12 AM   #32
Logdan
A Black Drake
Ahhh =( Is there a way to make an addon that when you click on the addon's button it will check if you have 2 spells and cast them on you if you don't? So it's not "automatic", you'll actually have to use the addon key or whatever, but it's a "meet in the middle".
Yes. You could use IsBuffActive (which is a seperate addon) to check if you have a buff or not and cast a spell. For example...

/script if (IsBuffActive("Mage Armor","player")) then CastSpellByName("Mage Armor") elseif (IsBuffActive("Another Mage Spell","player")) then CastSpellByName("Other Mage Spell");end

And press it two times when not fully buffed.
04-03-06, 06:51 AM   #33
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
*Fans himself.

This whole thread has a little too much heat in it, I suggest we all take a moment and count backwards from ten.

In summary.

Not Possible:

More than 1 spell with 1 hardware event
Using a movement key to cast a spell
Using mouse movement to cast spells.

Possible:
Having a single button or keypress that will cast a series of spells on a given target if needed.

When and if the official document is published we will know exactly what we should and should not do within addons. I'm sure that a great many addons fall into the grey area. I can see the mod authors in my head browsing our sites thinking, "Geeze, I never even imagined someone making something to spam Chuck quotes" as they shake their head.

Lets keep it a little more light humored and have good discussion guys (More like the last few posts)

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

Last edited by Kaelten : 04-03-06 at 06:54 AM.
04-03-06, 10:45 AM   #34
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Not Possible:
More than 1 spell with 1 hardware event
Actually, supposedly the following trick still works:
/cast Inner Focus -- (instant spell with no global cooldown)
/script SpellStopCasting()
/cast Prayer of Healing

...but the instant no-cooldown abilities are kind of a special case. =)
04-04-06, 03:21 PM   #35
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up !!

Yes. You could use IsBuffActive (which is a seperate addon) to check if you have a buff or not and cast a spell. For example...

/script if (IsBuffActive("Mage Armor","player")) then CastSpellByName("Mage Armor") elseif (IsBuffActive("Another Mage Spell","player")) then CastSpellByName("Other Mage Spell");end

And press it two times when not fully buffed.
I think this would work fine, if I can get it set up that is. *LOL* I actually tried the script and it gives me the error that IsBuffActive....is a nil value. I also downloaded IsBuffActive and I can't figure out for the life of me how to configure it....maybe you have to configure it right in the code? *boggle* Any clue? Or am I missing something really obvious that is gonna earn me the dense cap? Hehe.

For the mage you'd just have to do another button or so. I know at 16 my mage has frost armor, dampen magic and arcane intellect....and by 18 or 20 you have a fire shield..beyond that I have no clue what they get. But a level 51 shaman still only has lightning shield and weapon buff, so they are a bit more simple.
04-04-06, 03:27 PM   #36
Sarenity
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Possible:
Having a single button or keypress that will cast a series of spells on a given target if needed.
This is what I would like to have. When my character is running, I'm on it and there(even if half awake! lol), so clicking a button is fine by me!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » A way arround the Hook Move Keys