09-21-10, 06:41 AM   #1
DallasisaLeo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Informative Text Mod

Hi there!

I'm looking for an AddOn that simply adds informative text that I can arrange as a bar at the bottom of the screen.
By 'informative text' I'm referring to things like framerate, durability, gold, and various other stats. I encountered FuBar and wasn't pleased with it. I want something INCREDIBLY basic that preferably uses only text, no graphics like a big ugly bar at the bottom or top of my screen.

SkullFlower's UI appears to have what I want, but I can't tell what that AddOn is. Help?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dfor3.3.5.html

Thanks!
09-21-10, 06:57 AM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks like that UI is using LitePanels and LiteStats, both of which are no longer being supported by the author - LitePanels also seems to make a "big ugly bar".

You can easily achieve the same thing using an LDB display such as Bazooka coupled with a myriad of LDB plugins. From there, all you'd need to do is make the bar transparent and disable the icons for the plugins.

EDIT: A listing of LDB displays and plugins can be found here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-21-10, 08:04 AM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Fortress as my LDB display - simply because it puts each add's info in it's own little block. Disable the icons and you have blocks with nothing but text in em. They lock together and are all freely movable and placable.

Marth

09-21-10, 11:02 AM   #4
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Try looking at SLDataText it works similar to LiteStats but without the dependancy for the Panel addon. Highly configurable and shows i the items you described.
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
LitePanels also seems to make a "big ugly bar".
The same could be said about most LDB displays. Read LitePanels - An art framework, with some simple LUA knowledge and you can do quite a lot... but thats no what this thread is about.
Also from what i remember you dont need to create a bar in lite panels for litestats to work, however some lua knowledge is needed for locating the text items.
09-21-10, 03:04 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are also alternatives to SLDataText, including my sStats.

Look through this category: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=109
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Informative Text Mod