01-31-11, 11:42 AM   #1
antisocialian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
archaeology dig sites on the map

I've done some searchin and found some info on this. I figured I'd put it here since there hasn't been any mention of this feature coming to my favorite addon yet.

To get the digsites, you use ArchaeologyMapUpdateAll() like this:
Code:
numEntries = ArchaeologyMapUpdateAll()
this will return the number of digsites in the current zone, or for which ever zone is being shown on the map. It wont work if you've zoomed out to the continent or further...

next you need to make a loop to go thru those so we should use something like this:
Code:
for i = 1, numEntries do
end
and in that loop we need to get the points(or blobs as the function calls them):
Code:
for i = 1, numEntries do
    blob = ArcheologyGetVisibleBlobID(i)
end
now we need to draw these too, the only thing i could find about drawing blobs was for drawing quest areas but i'd imagine it should work:
Code:
for i = 1, numEntries do
    mapframe:DrawBlob(blob,true)
end
that leaves us with the final bit of:
Code:
numEntries = ArchaeologyMapUpdateAll()
for i = 1, numEntries do
    mapframe:DrawBlob(blob,true)
end
now i'm quite sure that someone else could make that fit into the carbonite addon, but thats what i've found. It seems plausible that this would work.

I found this basic info on the wowprogramming.com site, it seems to be an open source for wow api stuffs, tho the amount info for the archaeology functions is small (my guess is since the functions were just added there isn't much info available for us yet).

01-31-11, 02:37 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is this to change them in some way, or to get them to show up? Because they already show up on the Carbonite map.

01-31-11, 03:09 PM   #3
antisocialian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

this would be to get them to show up, since I find that the digsites only show on the carbonite map for less than a second and then they are removed. I have tried with several other addons removed and eventually with just archy or arch and it still shows the digsite for a second and then removes it.

perhaps there is some option or setting i havent seen but from what I can tell carbonite doesnt show these. I also didnt notice

I dont use the in game minimap just the carbonite one, are you talking about that? more info about what addons you are using to get this to show, maybe even a screenshot would be apreciated...

EDIT:
is this what you mean? Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_013111_165809.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	570.9 KB
ID:	5663 cause those are artifact locations not dig sites, completely different to what the above code would do

because what ive posted above would put a similar red area like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_013111_170023.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	597.5 KB
ID:	5664 on the carbonite map... i'm not really sure how to get it to move with the map or anything else i just thought I'd get the 'creatve juices' flowing maybe see if something like this could be iplemented...

Last edited by antisocialian : 01-31-11 at 04:06 PM.

02-01-11, 04:11 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh.... sorry! I thought you were talking about the little shovels. My bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_020111_020924.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	5665  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » archaeology dig sites on the map