08-15-10, 08:04 AM   #1
Alexzandar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

UI question

Is there a way to use multiple UI's for different characters without swapping the Interface and WTF folders out?
08-15-10, 08:11 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
No, apart from using different addons or addons with profiles.
08-15-10, 08:25 AM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
... addons with profiles.
This + addons that are the same for every toon, ofc.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-15-10, 09:39 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

And for addons without profiles you can use reflux to emulate them.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-15-10, 09:56 AM   #5
psycedelic
A Defias Bandit
Cool Why cant you?

You can always use diffrent UI on all chars..
You just have to check and uncheck the addons you wanna use on each char at the character selection when you long into the game.
And with that... you dont have to use same "profile" for all addons...

I once used Spartan UI on my lvling mage since it was very very cool UI to lvl with loved it.
and im still using it.
and i use Tukui for raiding high end raids icc25 and such things because its minimalistic addon takes very little of the computer.

i can see if i can manage to post some url for my 2 diffrent UI on same account/realm. hold on tight.

Edited and Added ::
the url for screenshots... (most of the screenshots are of TUKUI from tukui.org) its only 3 from my mage as i dont play it that much..
i use this imgshack profile thingy to show my friends how it looks like when i play..
Just check out.. Vaizard and Maramusa same guild/realm (my chars) meaning one account and 2 diffrent UI's

hope you can figure something out now

Sidenote : i tryed that reflux on mara after ive already fixed the UI everything got resetted and /bt for bartender ... everything in bartender was gone..
i was lucky to have several backup's of my WTF folder as im trying to make an UI compilation for my friends

anyway :: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/psycedelic303?n=y

Last edited by psycedelic : 08-15-10 at 10:17 AM. Reason: As i wrote earlier in this post i promised a url for multiple options for multiple UI's on same account/realm
08-15-10, 10:34 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by psycedelic View Post
Sidenote : i tryed that reflux on mara after ive already fixed the UI everything got resetted and /bt for bartender ... everything in bartender was gone..
i was lucky to have several backup's of my WTF folder as im trying to make an UI compilation for my friends
Reflux generally has to be installed with a profile set up before you start creating to save to that profile. For addons with profiles it recognizes by default (Ace2/3DB) you should be able to copy them over to whatever your making.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-15-10, 12:25 PM   #7
Alexzandar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for all the info.
I think I'm going to test a theory out here, and install 2 UI's* into one folder then at the loading page I'll enable/disable the addons for each character.

*If they share addons, then I'll use profiling.
08-16-10, 09:35 AM   #8
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
For addons that don't use profiles, I change the SavedVariables to SavedVariablesPerCharacter. Which of course makes it a b..ch when updating, but I hate the idea of an addon forcing me to use the same setup across all toons. Since all my toons are not the same class, they have differents setups. Also since my son and I share the same computer this was a problem until I setup a different install using syslinks.
08-16-10, 11:16 AM   #9
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I suppose, if you, for example, add underscore to folder name and toc file, you can keep 2 identical addons, and they won't share saved variables. tho you better don't load them both on the same char.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI question