04-23-09, 05:20 PM   #1
whatruckus
A Defias Bandit
Question Add0n Button on realm screen not appearing?

i downloaded the new carbonite and i pasted the file (after unzipped, ofcourse) into the Add0n folder and when i log into WoW and click to the realm screen, the Add0ns button doesn't pop up. the Add0n also doesn't appear when i'm on any of my characters. and yes, i deleted the old versions of carbonite.

04-23-09, 06:07 PM   #2
Laoi
A Defias Bandit
Just to be sure, is your folders path "World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons" or "World of Warcraft/Addons"? It has to be the first of the file paths, if not, addons won't show up.

If the path is correct, try going into the addon on folder and making sure you have the following folders:
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer

If not, your issue could be that you unzipped into a "main" folder and just copied the one, addons also will not work that way. By this I mean, you unzipped to a folder called something like "Carbonite-3.110".

04-23-09, 07:21 PM   #3
whatruckus
A Defias Bandit
crap! i forgot to mention i'm doing this on my boyfriend's MacBook for him. it worked fine on his desktop PC, but for some reason it's not working on the laptop.

04-23-09, 08:15 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've seen several Mac users have this after extracting:
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/Carbonite
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/CarboniteTransfer

Carbonite-x.xxx being the zip file name. The Mac extracter will make a folder that contains the zip file contents using the zip file name if you double click a zip file. That will not work. You can't just move that created folder to the Addons folder.

It must be:
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer

Drag the 3 Carbonite folders in the created folder to the AddOns folder.

04-24-09, 07:18 PM   #5
whatruckus
A Defias Bandit
ok, i'll try that! thanks! i kind of feel retarded because when i did the carbonite quest 2 on this laptop, it worked. but, i couldn't remember what i did. i'll let you know if this works.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Add0n Button on realm screen not appearing?