07-12-07, 01:47 AM   #101
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sketch
The only extra sorts of things I have in my addon folder are things like Bag addons (I'm not a fan of the included one) and things like Auctioneer and a few FuBar info things. Other than that I'm 100% mazzle, and my WTF has been deleted and replaced several times...still no raid frames

I see my party just fine, however. ANY idea what I might be doing wrong? (Yes, sRaid frames is enable, as well as oRA2). And I'm not even sure what kind of info I should be giving you either...lol...it's just sad that I can't watch others die :P

PS: I said thanks for continuing this in another thread, but I really mean it. Even without raid frames, your addon is the -only- reason I still play WoW. I may have been turned away before, and lost interest...but I dunno how. This is simplicity in a box, and it makes WoW visually appealing. Thanks again.
Without more information (like some sort of error), I really don't know. The things I would play with are the the explicit raid layout choices in the MazzleUI fubar menu, sRaid's settings, turning on and off MazzleUI's raid frame management stuff, and perhaps deleting the settings for sRaidFrames.
07-12-07, 08:31 AM   #102
Deleynah
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Oh, please. It would have taken a matter of minutes at the most to open up the IN-GAME faq and find that answer, far quicker than coming to the forums, making a post, and *hoping* someone sees it quick and spoon feeds you the answer before you got kicked from the group. That argument is not even a little bit plausible.
I indeed began looking in the in-game faq for this prior to posting the question on here. MazzleUI is a huge compilation... the FAQ is quite extensive, and time consuming to read.
I checked there for a quick answer, did not find one. I checked the FAQ on here, which is outdated (per the notice at the top of its page) I wound up posting here in the hope that someone would, in a day or two, post a response.

The result was me leaving the party (using the leave party script command) and then having the new leader re-invite me.

After this, I totally disabled Clique.

Today, I re-enabled Clique, reloaded ui, and started looking in the FAQ a bit more. Under FAQ Section 7, Question 4:

And under the section mentioned there, Mazzlefizz UnitFrames section:

Nowhere does it have this stated 3d click-casting button/checkbox that should be there. I followed the install instructions (removed old Interface folder, installed new MazzleUI version).

Another statement for Clique:

And there is no tab on the corners, or bottom, of my 3D portrait.

So now I ask again, how do I enable my menu without totally disabling Clique? I have provided enough information here to show that the in-game FAQ does not provide a suitable workaround for this.

I also want to restate that I waited a long time for this UI. Was denied beta entry, and waited patiently for the release. This is not a sticking point for me, as I do not believe I do any click-casting, but I would like to have its ability enabled for the future.

Thanks for the addon Mazzle, it is by far the best I have used or seen.

Last edited by Deleynah : 07-12-07 at 08:33 AM.
07-12-07, 09:18 AM   #103
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Deleynah
So now I ask again, how do I enable my menu without totally disabling Clique? I have provided enough information here to show that the in-game FAQ does not provide a suitable workaround for this.
In Clique, in the custom options, there is a "Show Menu" option.

Bind that to another button, and you should be able to open the player menu.
07-12-07, 09:19 AM   #104
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
I am not so sure that this is a bug. It could be a change in the specific add-on or WoW specific, but I have noticed a big change in the way that 'get all mail' button action happens.

I go to the mailbox, hit 'get all mail' (or whatever it is called). The mail items are placed in my bags in a very odd/random order, items that are said to be opened are not, and I have to hit 'get all mail' 5-6 times to actually get all the mail.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a bug? Specific to Mazzle, FuMail, any of the newly added mail items, or something WoW changed??
07-12-07, 09:26 AM   #105
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I indeed began looking in the in-game faq for this prior to posting the question on here. MazzleUI is a huge compilation... the FAQ is quite extensive, and time consuming to read.
Nowhere near as time-consuming as it was to write it or to answer the repeated questions here from people who don't read it. Asking repeated questions just adds time to the people who have to manage the forums and the people who have to wade through it to find content, all so you can save a bit of time.

I checked there for a quick answer, did not find one. I checked the FAQ on here, which is outdated (per the notice at the top of its page) I wound up posting here in the hope that someone would, in a day or two, post a response.
Oh, I see. Before you said that you didn't have time to read anything and just posted b/c it was an emergency to get an answer before you were kicked out of the group, now it's just the next few days.

Nowhere does it have this stated 3d click-casting button/checkbox that should be there. I followed the install instructions (removed old Interface folder, installed new MazzleUI version).
Noted. The setting is there, but it's actually under Mazz3d category, not unit frames.

You've done no such thing. That's a troubleshooting faq entry for when Clique doesn't work at all, which is clearly not your problem. This is the faq entry for interaction between the player menu and clique:
Q: "I have a retard in my group and I need to kick him out. But every time I right-click on his unit frame to get the player menu, I just cast a greater heal on him. Now he thinks I like him. Help!",

A: "Calm yourself. Avoid looking directly at the chat frame to avoid any chance of further aggravation. Now, the reason right-clicking on the unit frame is not pulling up the player menu is that Clique has assigned it to click-cast a spell. To access the player menu, either use an unassigned click (try the middle mouse button or right-click with modifiers) or change your Clique settings so that right-click doesn't cast a spell."
07-12-07, 12:39 PM   #106
Sketch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Without more information (like some sort of error), I really don't know. The things I would play with are the the explicit raid layout choices in the MazzleUI fubar menu, sRaid's settings, turning on and off MazzleUI's raid frame management stuff, and perhaps deleting the settings for sRaidFrames.
Ok, I'm gonna go tweak with those right now...and see if maybe -that- is what is causing my weird situation.

And yeah, what gets me is there is -no- error whatsoever whenever I do it.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? And if so, what did YOU do?
07-12-07, 01:04 PM   #107
Deleynah
A Murloc Raider

Oh, I see. Before you said that you didn't have time to read anything and just posted b/c it was an emergency to get an answer before you were kicked out of the group, now it's just the next few days.
I never said "hurry and answer" nor did I say "I need to know now". I simply asked if it was known first, and then stated that I "just posted a question looking for a" simple answer, as shown below. Please dont make this out to be me being demanding or rushing for an answer when I did not need one right away:

Thanks for the answer on the enemy cast bar
As for the inability to do stuff when in a party - I was IN a party at the time, IN an instance. If I had taken the time to actually look through everything to find it, instead of just posting a question looking for a "sure, its right <a>here</a>" response, I would have been booted from the group.
As a note, it took me 30 minutes to find the screenshots I posted, and as you so adeptly pointed out, it was 1) not the answer I needed, and 2) incorrect to begin with (Mazz3d settings not unit settings)
07-12-07, 01:34 PM   #108
Sketch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Sketch
Ok, I'm gonna go tweak with those right now...and see if maybe -that- is what is causing my weird situation.

And yeah, what gets me is there is -no- error whatsoever whenever I do it.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? And if so, what did YOU do?
Ok, think I figured it out. For some reason, my raids were set to 'none' in the Mazzle FuBar menu. Never touched it from one version to the next, so I dunno whatr happened there :P

On another not, I get a weird window every so often, and always whenever I mouse over my trinket menu.

http://sketch.pcis-studios.com/window.jpg
07-12-07, 03:09 PM   #109
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I never said "hurry and answer" nor did I say "I need to know now". I simply asked if it was known first, and then stated that I "just posted a question looking for a" simple answer, as shown below. Please dont make this out to be me being demanding or rushing for an answer when I did not need one right away:
I didn't say you were demanding or rushing. I was saying that both rationalizations you gave for your unnecessary and repetitive post did not hold water.

As a note, it took me 30 minutes to find the screenshots I posted, and as you so adeptly pointed out, it was 1) not the answer I needed, and 2) incorrect to begin with (Mazz3d settings not unit settings)
Your point? Yes, you posted a screenshot of a FAQ entry that didn't answer your question. You were trying to make the point that the looking in the FAQ wouldn't have helped you anyway, when, in reality, you simply demonstrated that you did not locate the correct entry.

And, the fact that something in that irrelevent faq entry was out of date does not illustrate anything.
07-12-07, 06:11 PM   #110
Deleynah
A Murloc Raider

Your point? Yes, you posted a screenshot of a FAQ entry that didn't answer your question. You were trying to make the point that the looking in the FAQ wouldn't have helped you anyway, when, in reality, you simply demonstrated that you did not locate the correct entry.

And, the fact that something in that irrelevent faq entry was out of date does not illustrate anything.

My point is that it is not "easy" nor is it "a waste of time" to ask in the forums when your own FAQ is misleading. The irrelevant FAQ was retrieved by looking into the issue itself. It is entirely relevant to the issue here.

I will go back to lurking, because I do not want to keep arguing with you now that you have finally stated WHERE the actual option was. 3 days of posting instead of a "here is the answer to your question" link. Nice.
07-12-07, 06:35 PM   #111
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My point is that it is not "easy" nor is it "a waste of time" to ask in the forums when your own FAQ is misleading. The irrelevant FAQ was retrieved by looking into the issue itself. It is entirely relevant to the issue here.
What? It was retrieved by "looking into the issue itself"? What does that even mean? *boggle* The bottom line is that question you quoted was and is completely irrelevent. It had absolutely nothing to do with the issue you asked about, namely how to access the player menu when Clique is working and getting in the way. In fact, it was about the opposite of that issue, i.e. what you do if Clique isn't working at all. There was nothing misleading about it at all. You simply did not read things closely enough to find the entry that was already there for the exact question you were asking about.

I will go back to lurking, because I do not want to keep arguing with you now that you have finally stated WHERE the actual option was. 3 days of posting instead of a "here is the answer to your question" link. Nice.
Glad to hear you got what you need despite all the horrible, misleading information thwarting your tireless attempts at gathering knowledge. And thank you for reminding me exactly why supporting the project for people like you is not worth the time.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 07-12-07 at 06:39 PM.
07-13-07, 08:16 AM   #112
Kangaxx
A Defias Bandit
I installed the new MazzleUI a few days ago on my normal computer (1280x1024)and have had no problems with it. I then installed it on my laptop (1440x900) and have a few problems i havent been able to find any soulutions to.
When mazzifying on my laptop the proces stops when it tries to mazzify autobar.
I also have a second mod that doesnt go where it should go (some database mod?)
I have tried starting with completely fresh installs on both computers. I have tried mazzifying on my laptop first. I have tried the trick for getting two different aspect ratios to work together (mazzify buttonlayout to the smaller aspectratio)
I have attached a photo (i hope) since i cant figure out how to insert it Blame an old mans computer illiteracy.
If anyone can help me out here i would be very happy as MazzleUI simply makes the game a lot more pleasent to play.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071307_152634.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	1275  
07-13-07, 09:12 AM   #113
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Kangaxx
I installed the new MazzleUI a few days ago on my normal computer (1280x1024)and have had no problems with it. I then installed it on my laptop (1440x900) and have a few problems i havent been able to find any soulutions to.
I have tried starting with completely fresh installs on both computers. I have tried mazzifying on my laptop first. I have tried the trick for getting two different aspect ratios to work together (mazzify buttonlayout to the smaller aspectratio)
I have attached a photo (i hope) since i cant figure out how to insert it Blame an old mans computer illiteracy.
If anyone can help me out here i would be very happy as MazzleUI simply makes the game a lot more pleasent to play.
Did you add any other addon? If so, try removing that and try the Mazzifying again.
07-13-07, 09:32 AM   #114
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Your BugSack says that those errors are coming from AutoBar version 38120. The version included with MazzleUI 1.1 is version 42073. Are you sure you did the install correctly?

P.S.- The tooltip for BugSack only gives an overview of the errors, and only the first so many. If you notice, you actually have 15 different errors (17 total, since one appeared 3 times). Click on BugSack to open the window and you can then see the whole error (since there's way more to it that what you're showing) and see all of the errors. You can even copy-paste them to here.

First though - completely start over and reinstall.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-07, 01:01 AM   #115
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This is the faq entry for interaction between the player menu and clique:

Q: "I have a retard in my group and I need to kick him out. But every time I right-click on his unit frame to get the player menu, I just cast a greater heal on him. Now he thinks I like him. Help!",

A: "Calm yourself. Avoid looking directly at the chat frame to avoid any chance of further aggravation. Now, the reason right-clicking on the unit frame is not pulling up the player menu is that Clique has assigned it to click-cast a spell. To access the player menu, either use an unassigned click (try the middle mouse button or right-click with modifiers) or change your Clique settings so that right-click doesn't cast a spell."
OK, now I'm confused. I just searched and then read from top-to-bottom the FAQ forum thread and never saw this. Where was this, Mazzlefizz? I was looking all over the FAQ thread for the answer to this same question.
07-14-07, 01:42 AM   #116
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lighty
OK, now I'm confused. I just searched and then read from top-to-bottom the FAQ forum thread and never saw this. Where was this, Mazzlefizz? I was looking all over the FAQ thread for the answer to this same question.
You'll notice the name of the FAQ thread is "MazzleUI FAQs (NOT YET UPDATED FOR 1.1)" and that the first line in the thread says:

This FAQ has not yet been updated to reflect the FAQ in MazzleUI 1.1. Please consult the in-game FAQ for the most up-to-date help.
The entry you quoted can be found in the in-game FAQ. The tester who made the web version said he was going to update it for all the new changes, but has not yet done so.
07-14-07, 01:49 AM   #117
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As Seerah said, you definitely did not do a clean install on the machine from which you got that screenshot. The autobar you are using is far older than the one included in 1.1.
07-14-07, 03:13 AM   #118
Kangaxx
A Defias Bandit

As Seerah said, you definitely did not do a clean install on the machine from which you got that screenshot. The autobar you are using is far older than the one included in 1.1.
Ok so i went back and did a full clean install, only this time i also completely removed interfaceold, WTFold and fontsOLD. I then copied over the interface and fonts folders from 1.1. I then made a complete mazzification at 1440x900 and got this result (see first picture). I then remazzified without buttons at 1440x900 and then only the buttons at 1280x1024 (the resolution of my other screen) and got the following (see second picture). If anyone can tell me what im doing wrong/what i should be doing i would appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071407_110211.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	1278  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071407_105921.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	1279  

Last edited by Kangaxx : 07-14-07 at 08:52 AM.
07-14-07, 10:23 AM   #119
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What do you mean "copied over"? If you do a clean install, you shouldn't have to copy over (overwrite) anything. Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you mean "install"?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-07, 10:23 AM   #120
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Just like you to know that the camera settings for the Worgs in Duskwood are wrong.

Screenshot included
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	worg.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1280  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread