02-17-08, 02:53 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 2/17: DOCK

Welcome to the first WoWI Pick of the Week! As mentioned in Cairenn's sticky above, each week I, or another staff member, will select a new and/or updated mod on our site to highlight. The picks will be made from mods uploaded the week before (Sunday-Saturday).

This past week's pick is... Dock!

Dock is a new mod that is totally revolutionary. It mimics a dock that you find in Mac OS and programs such as Object Dock and RocketDock, and brings that functionality to your WoW screen. You can keep these docks on-screen or put them into tab mode, where you are left with only a small tab to click whenever you wish to view your dock.

I had been interested in this mod since Kameril, its author, announced a private beta test. Now it is in public beta and available here for people to try out. Note, I said "public beta". This mod still has a few kinks to work out. One report I put in yesterday was that it doesn't handle the minimap very well when it is switched to tab mode. Kameril said that he should get another version out as early as today with that and other bug fixes.

To read more about Dock, please visit its download page. Kameril has several movies on YouTube that highlight Dock's features as well. The links for those may be found on the download page.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Dolby : 03-30-08 at 02:00 PM.
02-17-08, 03:10 PM   #2
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yay for Dock.. And First...

Now that's out of the way, because it is tradition, isn't it?

I beta-tested Dock in the closed phase, I loved it, even though I didn't keep it active on all my alts (believe me, they are quite numerous). On my main, it quickly became indispensable for damage meters and the likes. Since I have a small screen, screen estate matters a LOT.

Good choice Seerah.
03-09-08, 08:57 PM   #3
Jurandr
Beater of Peons

Premium Member
Dock is pretty cool. In the area of Mac-like addons, have you considered Dash as a weekly pick? I don't know how I made it without that particular addon
03-09-08, 09:00 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I use Dash myself, but it's not new and it hasn't been updated.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 2/17: DOCK