10-02-12, 02:29 AM   #1
Qin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Where to encourage Development ?

Been following from the Shadows for eons......

Now the important question with work now going forward....

Where or how can we donate to the Carbonite cause now?

Will there be a collective pot for donations that are shared by the contributors?
Will there be individual collections/donations?

or will it simply be a free for all - balls to the wall - hells bells - come what may
development?

Thanks for the Support and Hope Rythal during the transitions to MoP.

10-02-12, 07:40 AM   #2
ccell
A Murloc Raider
Question Interesting Question?

I looked for the donation page and like I wanted to donate also the web site has change did find it.

10-02-12, 07:58 AM   #3
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would say to donate goto rythal.com. He has a donate button on his site

10-02-12, 10:18 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yeah I turned off the donation links here on WoWUI rather then change them to myself mostly because at this point the code is still 95% Faatal's, and I feel guilty taking donations for someone elses work.

10-03-12, 03:42 PM   #5
technomike
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Yeah I turned off the donation links here on WoWUI rather then change them to myself mostly because at this point the code is still 95% Faatal's, and I feel guilty taking donations for someone elses work.
Lurking too until today...

It was wise to remove the Donate button at this stage, since a lot, LOT, of people think 'donation' equals 'payment'... those people "donate" in order to receive something back, so a lot of people will "donate" and demand an update with all bugs fixed ASAP because they are giving you money to do so, which is not the case.

As a software developer, I understand the significant amount of time and effort required to understand another dev's code, then refactoring it, fix bugs, add new features, etc..., it is of course no child's play. I suppose you are not 'full time' on carbonite so you have to find your own pace; I bet you do not need the "I'm paying for your addon" pressure.

For the ones who think that donation = payment, if someone was to "donate" and demand development on carbonite, I would require at least $2,000 USD for 2 weeks, full time attention on the addon. A $15 donation is just a way to say "thank you", but certainly will not pay the bills...

Last edited by technomike : 10-04-12 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling

10-03-12, 04:07 PM   #6
Qin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well said

Well Said TechnoMike,

Was not my intentions to try to force anything before it's time.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Where to encourage Development ?