06-23-14, 07:50 PM   #1
Kaleesh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Party and Raid frames suddenly nonexistent?

Actually, the Raid Profiles tab under Interface doesn't even exist anymore...

This persists, on every character I've tried, no matter what settings I tweak, even if I disable all addons, and there isn't a single unitframes addon that will get them to show. Not sure what to do, and I'm not really game for destroying my entire WTF folder. Someone told me doing so might fix it, but I'd like to know if there's just one particular file in my WTF folder I can delete instead of the whole shebang.
06-23-14, 08:51 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could try re-naming your WTF folder to something like "WTF_normal". Then start the game it will create a new WTF folder without touching your old one or its contents.

If this fixes your problem you'll have to do some troubleshooting to figure out which variable is causing the problem. Maybe a recently updated mod caused its variables to corrupt or bite the bullet and start over from scratch.

If the problem persists however you can exit the game and delete the new WTF folder and change your original folders name back and get all your stuff back in its proper place without skipping a beat.

I do remember vaguely something about Healbot causing problems at one point like this. It was a problem under the Skins tab I think that had added an option to hid the raid frames checked on by default. If you use this mod maybe take a look.

Last edited by def9 : 06-23-14 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling
06-23-14, 11:14 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Most likely some addon has disabled the Blizzard addons that provide the default UI's compacty party and raid frames. You can't turn them back on via the addon list, but you can turn them on by calling an API function in addon code (or in a macro). However, before you do that, you need to figure out which addon is disabling them, or it will just do it again. It's most likely an addon that provides its own party and/or raid frames, or an addon whose specific purpose is to hide the default UI's party and/or raid frames. If you have no idea which of your addons might include such a feature, here's how you can figure it out:

Option #1:
If you're not afraid of seeing Lua code, you can take a shortcut. If you don't already have a program that can search for text inside files, grepWin is a good one. Search for "DisableAddOn" in all *.lua files in your AddOns folder (and subfolders). You'll get about a billion matches on all the copies of AceAddon-3.0 in various addons. Ignore those. Sorting the results by file name will help you ignore them.

If you see any lines that appear to be disabling a Blizzard addon -- eg. DisableAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") -- then you've found the problem. Look through that addon's options to see if there's a way to stop it from hiding the Blizzard frames. If not, then your options are to stop using that addon, to start using an additional addon to replace the Blizzard frames, to ask its author to add an option and hope they will, or remove the offending code from the addon. If you need help with that, post the name of the addon here and we can help you.

Option #2:
If you're scared of seeing code, or don't have anything that can search in files and don't want to install anything, here's the long way:

1. Exit WoW and delete all of the the "AddOns.txt" files in each character's individual folder in the WTF folder. This will reset the enabled status of all addons, including the Blizzard ones.

2. Launch WoW again, but disable all of your addons at the character screen before logging in. Verify that your party/raid frames are working.

3. Now look over your addons list. If you use any custom unit frame addons (raid frames, party frames, player frame, target frame, etc.) enable one of them. Log in. Do you still have party frames?

4a. If not, then you've found the problem. Look through your unit frame addon for an option to not hide the Blizzard frames. If there isn't an option, then your choices are to stop using the addon, or complain to its author and hope they add an option for you, or install another addon to replace the missing Blizzard frames.*

4b. If you do still have party frames, keep enabling addons until they disappear. Once you find the problem, see Option #1 for your options.

Last edited by Phanx : 06-23-14 at 11:19 PM.
06-24-14, 06:53 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

HideRaidFrame is one of the culprits.

If you did what Phanx said and removed any addons that actively disable it, you can run this script to enable the Raid Frames (and Raid Profiles)
Code:
/run for _, v in ipairs({"Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames", "Blizzard_CUFProfiles"}) do EnableAddOn(v) end ReloadUI()

Originally Posted by Kaleesh View Post
even if I disable all addons, and there isn't a single unitframes addon that will get them to show.
Disabling all addons wouldn't really help. Already disabled addons stay disabled, including the Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames addon.

Originally Posted by Kaleesh View Post
I'm not really game for destroying my entire WTF folder. Someone told me doing so might fix it, but I'd like to know if there's just one particular file in my WTF folder I can delete instead of the whole shebang.
The addon list is saved in AddOns.txt per character somewhere in the WTF. If you delete those, the Blizzard addons should be enabled again.

Last edited by Ketho : 06-24-14 at 05:59 PM.
06-25-14, 01:25 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
If you did what Phanx said and removed any addons that actively disable it, you can run this script to enable the Raid Frames (and Raid Profiles)
Don't forget Blizzard_RaidUI ... and that macro would be shorter without the gratuitous table creation and pairs usage.

Code:
/run EnableAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") EnableAddOn("Blizzard_CUFProfiles") EnableAddOn("Blizzard_RaidUI") ReloadUI()

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Party and Raid frames suddenly nonexistent?