03-01-17, 08:24 AM   #1
Renci
A Kobold Labourer
Personal UI/3D Portrait problems

Hello,

I'm trying to finish my personal UI and from the start, I was counting on WeakAuras2, to create 3D Portrait of Player and Target frames, where Player's Portrait will be hidden during Player's cast or when Player's Pet is active, same goes for Target, but instead of Pet, frame should be hidden when Focus is selected. With a bit of google search, I did end up with both of them functional... for a bit. But those portraits got 'corrupted' quite frequently. They are perfectly face anchored from the start, but if you start actually playing the game, it will soon get zoomed too much, or there will be whole character model, model completely disappearing, seeing only effects of armor etc. I did try every WeakAura string there was to find, all of them were working from the start but get corrupted soon after.

WeakAura that I ended up with was: Status/Event - UNIT_PORTRAIT_UPDATE

Custom Trigger:
Code:
function()
    return UnitExists("player")
end
Custom Untrigger:
Code:
function()
    return not UnitExists("player")
end
Duration Info:
Code:
function()
    WeakAuras.regions["Player3DPortrait"].region.model:SetUnit("player")
    return 0,0
end
I did give up on it, downloaded portrait addon 'Simple3DPortraits' created by Deadhir and was naive to think, that with a bit of learning about LUA and addon programming, I will be able to get those portraits stay hidden when my conditions are met. But nope, I'm too dumb for that and can't get my head around it.

As I have none experience with programming, can anyone pretty please point me in the right direction, so I can have my dream UI done without any inconvenient workarounds? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the original lua file from the addon:
http://pastebin.com/CM08qr8x

Thank you very much.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Personal UI/3D Portrait problems