08-13-09, 06:51 PM   #1
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Angry Help with a bug(Rating Buster)

ever since the patch I have a bug that is making RatingsBuster unusable.

(posted from the buggrabber.lua file)

["message"] = {"<string>:\"return wowBuildNo >= 10147 and not (UnitBuf...\":1: attempt to compare number with string\nLibStatLogic-1.1-67:10361: in function `GetStatMod'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2644: in function Interface\\AddOns\\RatingBuster\\RatingBuster.lua:2425>\n(tail call): ?:\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2301: in function `handler'\nLibTipHooker-1.1-7:169: in function <...ingBuster\\libs\\LibTipHooker-1.1\\LibTipHooker-1.1.lua:164>\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: in function `Outfitter_OrigSetBagItem'\nOutfitter-4.7.4\\Outfitter.lua:6816: in function `SetBagItem'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\Cont", -- [1]"ainerFrame.lua:743: in function `ContainerFrameItemButton_OnEnter':\nArkInventory-3.02\\ArkInventory.lua:5262: in function `Frame_Item_OnEnter'\n<string>:\"*:OnEnter\":1: in function <[string \"*:OnEnter\"]:1>\n\n ---", -- [2]},
The former bug happened 44 times, the later only twice

["message"] = {"<string>:\"return wowBuildNo >= 10147 and not (UnitBuf...\":1: attempt to compare number with string\nLibStatLogic-1.1-67:10361: in function `GetStatMod'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2644: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\RatingBuster\\RatingBuster.lua:2425>\n(tail call): ?:\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2414: in function `SplitDoJoin'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2301: in function `handler'\nLibTipHooker-1.1-7:169: in function <...ingBuster\\libs\\LibTipHooker-1.1\\LibTipHooker-1.1.lua:164>\n<in C code>: in function `SetBagItem'\n+Wowhead_Looter-30018\\Wowhead_Looter.lua:1385: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\+Wowhead_Looter\\Wowhead_Looter.lua:1", -- [1] "362>\n<in C code>: in function `UseContainerItem'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\ContainerFrame.lua:702: in function `ContainerFrameItemButton_OnClick':\n<string>:\"*:OnClick\":12: in function <[string \"*:OnClick\"]:1>\n\n ---", -- [2]},
(using quote tags cause the code tags make it one line that is scrollable)

I've narrowed it down to the library LibStatLogic, but I am unable to find an updated version of the library. If I disable ratingsbuster the error goes away. (that is the mod that contains the library).

Any help would be appreciated as I find this mod invaluable while comparing 2 pieces of gear.
08-13-09, 09:34 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

I have no clue why you are getting this error, I use RatingBuster in conjunction with teKompare with no errors.
08-13-09, 10:27 PM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Hmmmm

Not sure how to fix this but try this :

1) Go to your WTF Folder and delete any Ratingsbuster.lua you find in the SavedVariables folder

2) It possible there is a bug in Outfitter causing RatingsBuster to bug. Update Outfitter at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Outfitter.html

You could try disabling all addons except for RatingBuster then test it. Then turn Outfitter on and see if you can get the bug to come up

3) If nothing else works try submitting a ticket on the ticket page for it

http://www.wowace.com/addons/rating-buster/tickets/
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
08-13-09, 10:31 PM   #4
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I notice the first error report makes reference to ArkInventory. Go with Bluspacecow's advice, but also enable AI third and see if that reproduces the error.
08-13-09, 11:46 PM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
I notice the first error report makes reference to ArkInventory. Go with Bluspacecow's advice, but also enable AI third and see if that reproduces the error.
AI and Outfitter may not be the source of the problem but rather victims.

If RB is hooking the tooltip function that other addons that may not expect the way it's hooking it they can crash as well.

Alternatively it could be due to a incompatibility between RB and a specific version of Outfitter/AI.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
08-14-09, 12:08 AM   #6
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

excellent ideas... here is the error I get with no other mods installed...

["message"] = "<string>:\"return wowBuildNo >= 10147 and not (UnitBuf...\":1: attempt to compare number with string\nLibStatLogic-1.1-67:10361: in function `GetStatMod'\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2644: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\RatingBuster\\RatingBuster.lua:2425>\n(tail call): ?:\nRatingBuster-1.4.5 (r$Revision: 233 $)\\RatingBuster.lua:2301: in function `handler'\nLibTipHooker-1.1-7:169: in function <...ingBuster\\libs\\LibTipHooker-1.1\\LibTipHooker-1.1.lua:164>\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: in function `SetInventoryItem'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\PaperDollFrame.lua:1332: in function `UpdateTooltip':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\GameTooltip.lua:195: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\GameTooltip.lua:185>:\n\n ---",
I guess I need to submit a ticket, and either wait or find another addon...

as for AI and Outfitter, I am using the current version available from wowinterface.com for AI, and the latest from curse for outfitter...
08-14-09, 01:14 AM   #7
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

The latest LibStatLogic-1.1 is r67 & LibTipHooker-1.1 is r7/8; both are included with the latest RatingBuster 1.4.5 release.

I use neither ArkInventory or Outfitter and have never encountered those errors (in BugSack/BugGrabber) with RatingBuster. When you say "no other mods installed", you mean "disabled" on the Addon screen, right?

There are other mods that adjust/provide tooltip info that can refuse to play nicely with LibTipHooker. They may not be mentioned in the error. When filing the ticket, be sure to list all the mods used on the character the error was encountered on (if feasable; not like me that tests/runs 200+ mods & standalone libraries ).

And be sure to test again with all mods disabled on the Addon screen except for RatingBuster as Bluspacecow suggested.
08-14-09, 10:02 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
jonathan - did you try removing the RB saved variables?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-14-09, 11:37 PM   #9
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

@Seerah: Yes, I have. and tried redownloading the addon.
@zidomo:Yeah, I do mean disabled.

My next step is to go addon by addon and try them in groups with ratingsbuster to see which one does it... since I'm running some 300 mods (with unembeded libraries) it's going to take a while...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with a bug(Rating Buster)