08-04-14, 10:31 AM   #1
leos79
A Murloc Raider
carbonite windows forget positio and size

Hi,

Every time I load the UI, the carbonite windows (quests, punks, bar, gps) "resets" to the same position, I move them but when I load the UI again they are back to the same position.

Also, the windows (quest window, social window), appears totally minimized (just a bar). I have to resize them, but every time I load the UI, they back to the same size.

Your help will be very much appreciated!

Regards!

08-04-14, 07:47 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you didn't have your Carbonite windows set like that when you first installed it, try typing "carb resetwin" (without the quotes) in your chat. BE AWARE that doing this will set ALL the windows on the character you do it on back to default.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-04-14 at 07:50 PM.

08-05-14, 09:49 AM   #3
leos79
A Murloc Raider
thanks, jeffy!

"back to the default" would be what is actually happening every time y load the UI. I move and resize windows and panels and when I log off and on again, windows and panels are back to the default. An awful default by the way.

I'll try your suggestion later and I'll provide feedback.

Thank you!

08-05-14, 10:32 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, you can try going to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and renaming the files "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak". All it should take is adding a "_" (underscore) to the file names.

I'm not sure what this will do, but renaming them and not deleting them is is a good start. That way if it totally screws your Carbonite up, you can rename them back and get your Carbonite back.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-05-14, 10:56 AM   #5
leos79
A Murloc Raider
Hola,

Probé el carb reload y funciona, o sea, me mueve las ventanas a una posición más "amigable" (no todas amontonadas arriba a la izquierda), pero aunque luego las reajusto manualmente (porque no es la posición en que me quedan mejor), al volver a cargar la UI vuelven a aparecer en la "posición horible", amontonadas arriba a la izquierda.

Es como que no se estuviese conservando la posición que establezco a mano... por que podrá ser eso?

Saludos,

08-05-14, 06:51 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

English, please. I'm an old American that never did have the faculties to learn a second language. Sorry.

08-06-14, 02:49 PM   #7
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by leos79 View Post
Hola,

Probé el carb reload y funciona, o sea, me mueve las ventanas a una posición más "amigable" (no todas amontonadas arriba a la izquierda), pero aunque luego las reajusto manualmente (porque no es la posición en que me quedan mejor), al volver a cargar la UI vuelven a aparecer en la "posición horible", amontonadas arriba a la izquierda.

Es como que no se estuviese conservando la posición que establezco a mano... por que podrá ser eso?

Saludos,
-->
Hi there,

I tried the carb reload and it works, ie I move windows to a more "friendly" (not all piled up on the left) position, but even then readjusted manually (because it is not the position I get better), Reloading the UI reappear in the "horible position," piled up on the left.

It's like they were not keeping the position which I make by hand ... that may be?

Regards,

Edit:-
Are you using the carb beta or release?

Code:
żEstá utilizando la versión beta de carb o la liberación?

08-09-14, 10:20 PM   #8
leos79
A Murloc Raider
Hi!

Thank you for your answer!

I'm using 5.1.6 version.

Regards!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite windows forget positio and size