Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-11-12, 05:01 PM   #11
mynex
A Defias Bandit
Rythal - Name for Add-on Suggestion

Rythal's Add-on's or... *drumroll* -= RytOn =-

As in 'Right On' - Right on target, right on track, right on man!

RytOn Maps
RytOn Quests
RytOn Tracking
RytOn >insert name here<

---

As for what to work on... Core aspects... at least what I consider core aspects (ymmv )
1. Maps - General World, Instances, BG's, DMF, etc...

2. Quests - Suggest using a SQL (MySQL specifically) DB to hold the info (there's reasons why and if you wish to discuss the more technical aspect as to why, I'm more than happy to)... have it be an optional 'user supplies info' pulling from their clients... people are far more willing to donate their CPU cycles and info if they have a choice about doing so!

3. Tracking - Everything that the default Blizz tracker has and more - track guildies, fish, enemy players, achievement items (books, NPC's etc), ore nodes, herbs, etc... again, you can use a DB to hold this info... and again, make it optional...

4. Warehouse/Alt Info tracking (i.e. account wide info availability) - there's a couple of add-on's I use for this now on top of (your fixed) carbonite... I want to know whether or not I have that cooking recipe on all my alts, whether or not my horde toon has >profession< at X level for my ally guildie who's also got a horde toon, etc...

After that, adjusting/adding/tweaking features of these 4 core items.

---------------

From a marketing perspective, you, right now, your name, is a win... capitalize on it... Even knowing that it's going to take you a while to get a barebones, proto-alpha test map type add-on going, people are, and will, wait and help you out.

In fact, while my LUA-fu skills are only marginal, my DB skills are pretty advanced... So I am offering to help on the DB design side of things when/if you get to that point. I'll help out however I can, and now, actually have motivation to improve my LUA-fu. My time, like yours, is limited, but I will give what time I can.

And to note, I made an account not too long ago (even thought I've been using Carbonite since BC time frame), specifically to thank you, just hadn't gotten to it yet, before the *cough* shenanigans *cough* of the Carbonite Dev's came up.. I was just too disgusted with them, their attitude, and their treatment of you and their 'fans' and victims, er, donors... until I saw this thread and your intentions.

So, _____THANK YOU_____ for your fix (which I'm still using and will continue to use until I finally get around to installing other add-ons that do what I want/need them to do).

Mynex

Last edited by mynex : 09-11-12 at 05:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Rythal!! Read this...