10-31-09, 05:44 PM   #1
kmar
A Murloc Raider
Cannot view full size Carbonite map

Originally I posted this in the nUI Carbonite thread but I believe my issue needs to be addressed by the magicians behind Carbonite itself as this issue is still present when Carbonite is the only add-on running.

In the simplest form of the problem I cannot view a large scale Carbonite Map

Small map visible. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2...tesmallmap.jpg
No map visible. http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3...onitenomap.jpg

The two pictures above were taken with only three Carbonite add-ons enabled:
Carbonite 3.23
Carbonite Nodes
Carbonite Transfer

I hit M and the small map vanishes with no large map to be seen anywhere. Hit M again and the small map reappears

For the sake of full disclosure I will also mention the following:

I'm using nUI as my primary UI replacement and Carbonite as my primary map replacement. To bridge the two I use a nUI-Carbonite integration add-on called, aptly enough, “nUI: Integration Carbonite (continued)”. The add-on can be found here (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=13903#info)

Essentially this add-on adds an extra Info Panel to nUI which allows for a tighter integration of the two add-ons. Once installed a new “Carbonite” info panel is created in the lower left corner of the nUI interface. The user must then manually resize the small Carbonite map to fit into this panel. Once this is done, simply pressing the M key will make the small map vanish to be replaced by the large map. Pressing M again will reverse this process. The additional benefit is that I can cycle through various Info Panels such as Recount, Omen, etc and not have the small map visible on those as well since they all reside in the same place. Here are some pictures.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7815/beforem.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9255/aftermu.jpg

This issue has persisted through a complete deletion of the Interface and WTF folders and a completely new install of all add-ons. I've also gone into Carbonite and used all of the options in the Reset menu to no avail. I simply cannot view the large scale Carbonite map when I hit M. All that happens is the small map vanishes.

I play WoW with it in maximized windowed mode as I have two monitors. The only thing I can think of is that at some point yesterday, while I was watching a video on top of the WoW window I had the full size map open as well. I think I accidentally grabbed the full size map instead of the video window and moved it off the edge of my WoW window.

If anyone can help me get my full size map back that would be truly sweet.

Thanks!

10-31-09, 09:20 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's a slash command you can use to reset all of the Carbonite window's. I believe it's /carb resetwin .
Hope that does it for you.

10-31-09, 09:42 PM   #3
kmar
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Jeffy.

Unfortunately that did not help. It reset the locations for the small map, quest list, tomtom emulator and punks window but I still do not have a large size map when I hit M.

10-31-09, 10:01 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm really sorry, kmar, that's all I could think to do.

I can't replicate your problem since I don't use nUI. Using a laptop at 1280x800, I don't think I'm likely to either. Bad eyes and a small(ish) screen are a not-so-good combination.

Anyway, I started WoW and tried all the map settings and just couldn't make it do what it's doing for you. I could get the big map without the little map, but not the little map without the big map.

Hopefully you'll get an answer from one of the Carbonite team tonight yet.

11-01-09, 01:09 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I use nUI and also the Carb InfoPanel plug in as well. I haven't had any issues running them both together.

The problem may have something to do with being in a windowed mode. What I would try is to change the WoW settings to full screen temporarily. Wipe your WTF Carb settings (or cut/paste them elsewhere). Then try the "/carb resetwin" command. Check to see if Carb is working properly then.

And of course try this with only Carb loaded, and only cut/paste files while WoW is completely closed.

11-01-09, 01:37 AM   #6
kmar
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Vis.

Tried everything you said but to no avail.

I should also have mentioned earlier that I've been using two monitors for quite some time now and there was no troubles until yesterday.

I did notice one thing. When I right click the Carbonite button and clicked "Show Map" I got the full sized map but loose it again if I hit M.

Hope the helps. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to call up the map with the Carbonite button.

Thanks again everyone.

11-01-09, 02:23 AM   #7
Dorchan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You may want to check your keybindings, I had mine doing something similar to what yours is doing and I had gotten the wrong action bound to m.

11-01-09, 03:04 PM   #8
kmar
A Murloc Raider
You are my new favorite person! I had M mapped to "Toggle None or Normal Map". I just switched it to "Toggle Normal or Max Map" and all is right again!

I shall construct a small shrine in your honor!

Thanks again!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cannot view full size Carbonite map