Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-03-19, 03:15 PM   #1
merlecorey
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SPELL_AURA_REFRESH question

I'm trying to figure out how to track unit auras in 8.x and I've run into something I don't understand.

I have a Ret paladin with the Zeal talent. This talent gives me a stackable buff whenever I cast Judgment. Here's the scenario that makes my head hurt:

* I cast Judgment and get a SPELL_AURA_APPLIED for Zeal.
* I cast Judgment two more times and get a SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE for each. My Zeal stack is now at the maximum value.

From that point on, further casts of Judgment generate no events for my Zeal buff. I expected to get a SPELL_AURA_REFRESH for Zeal or, well... something to indicate that the buff duration has been refreshed. Nope. The default Blizzard UI reflects the updated expiration properly, but my code doesn't get a CLEU event.

Is there anything I am missing here?

Edit: To clarify, I know SPELL_AURA_REFRESHED is not completely gone: my Judgment casts leave a debuff on the target which gets SPELL_AURA_REFRESHED every time. That's not the problem. The problem is that it's not generated for buffs on me.

Last edited by merlecorey : 08-03-19 at 03:31 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SPELL_AURA_REFRESH question