12-16-09, 04:22 AM   #1
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help, my quests auto-accept! O.o

All of a sudden when I started playing tonight, every quest giver I talk to I auto-accept their offered quest! I thought it was an addon so started going through disabling what ones I thought it could be and after 20 minutes, I just disabled all addons.

It is still doing it!? I see no options to auto-accept quests, what is causing thing? As usual, "We are currently experiencing a high volume of petitions." and the official site and forums are down for maintenance.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get this to stop?
12-16-09, 04:30 AM   #2
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I rolled a troll Hunter a few days ago and had the same thing while questing in the starting area. I think it's part of Blizzard's "make the game easier for newbies" drive as it stopped auto-accepting once he reached level 5.
12-16-09, 04:41 AM   #3
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Hmm, I think you might be on to something. Save for the only character it seems to be happening on is my level 48 warlock.

I am however in the starter area of Teldrassil trying to get my reputation with Darnassus up quick, maybe that is it. I'll try leaving the area and see if it still does it.
12-16-09, 04:56 AM   #4
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Indeed, that must be it. As soon as I finished the last quest there and went to Dolanaar, it no longer auto-accepts the quests. Phew!

Thanks for leading me in the right directly. I guess it is safe to assume that starting areas are "auto-accept" for quests. With that feature, I wonder why they didn't add an actual option in the menu for this for all quests, as I know that quite a bit of people like quests to auto-accept and use addons to do that.

Blizz is wierd.

Thanks Ethan!
12-16-09, 05:06 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
My brother spotted this the other day. It seems certain key quest givers will auto accept quests for you but while watching him to talk to several people and abandon and recollect quests on his new character it doesn't seem to re-occur.

Also, we noticed that any character already in existence, even at a lower level doesn't get the same effect. But that could have been pure chance that the NPC he talked to was one that doesn't auto accept quests for you.
12-19-09, 10:38 AM   #6
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i was just about to come ask about this! I rolled a new toon on a different server and i noticed that the quests were being autoaccpeted i thought it was a carbonite issue. Thanks for the info.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help, my quests auto-accept! O.o