12-03-07, 03:39 PM   #1
jackbytor
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mining Mod?

I am trying to find a mod that will alert me whenever a mining node appears on my minimap. Either by a sound or a message on the screen. Is this even possible? Thanks
12-03-07, 04:27 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

not possible.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
12-03-07, 04:47 PM   #3
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thats not available to an addon

its similar to how people used to change the model for Herbs to make them huge so they were easier to see. Blizzard sees this as cheating and you can get your account baned for it.

pity realy, i've prayed for this to be posible for ages, but im afraid it never wil be. sorry
12-03-07, 04:48 PM   #4
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Doesn't the new Gatherer have an onscreen hud for nodes now?
12-03-07, 04:50 PM   #5
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Syxx
Doesn't the new Gatherer have an onscreen hud for nodes now?
not sure I've been away from wow for 2 weeks in hospital, the way i remember Gatherer it would dispaly where you had ALREADY found nodes before, not as the op asked to alert to new nodes found.
12-03-07, 05:04 PM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Tyrolit
not sure I've been away from wow for 2 weeks in hospital, the way i remember Gatherer it would dispaly where you had ALREADY found nodes before, not as the op asked to alert to new nodes found.
Ok well I could be very high which wouldn't be the first time I thought i saw something in a mod that wasn't actually there. I tried to check the mods website but as with many of norganna's addons the documentation is... unhelpful in all possible ways. So I know there's a HUD feature, I'm just unsure what it actually does.

/shrug
12-03-07, 05:18 PM   #7
Skan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
By ctrl, or shift clicking on the gatherer slide button, YES, you can toggle the HUD on and off. The HUD is a layer over the top of your main UI which has all your previously visited nodes shown.

It does not however show whether or not those nodes are actually active and gatherable.

For example, lets say I want Terocone (herb). So I set the filter for that zone to only show Tercone, then follow the HUD around the Terocone circuit. It is actually really neat feature and makes doing gathering circuits soooo much easier than having to have your World Map open all the time.

Pretty easy stuff to configure :P
12-03-07, 05:31 PM   #8
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

What you want is not possible.
12-03-07, 05:42 PM   #9
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Tekkub has spoken.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mining Mod?