12-15-07, 02:27 AM   #1
Dalantia
A Defias Bandit
Adding an RP Mod

Okay. I'm dipping my toe into the waters of shiny new complete-makeover UIs, and settled upon Mazzle - and am liking and getting used to it so far.

However - I am on an RP realm, and do RP myself. There isn't an RP mod pre-installed (understandably), so I'm digging out MyRoleplay and trying to figure out how to install it so it won't break anything.

My major concerns - it will pop up a window when I look at descriptions, and it adds a fairly significant amount to tooltips of players who also use the addon. (It looks like my character sheet is unmodified by Mazzle, so I'm not worried about accessing the profile editor.)

Is there something I need to do to make sure it installs properly, or do I need to find a different addon or give up on finding an RP addon that functions with it? I can always get out my old settings, and use that, but I'd rather have everything I can in one shiny package.
12-15-07, 04:35 AM   #2
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've not personally used MyRoleplay with mazzleUI but i see no reason it shouldn't work. Just install it as usual and test it out, look at your bug stack on your FuBar for any errors. If it causes conflicts you can always disable it and delete the folder from your interface folder.

Good luck and happy roleplaying
12-15-07, 09:21 AM   #3
Dalantia
A Defias Bandit
Just installed it.

Looks like it -does- bork up the tooltips, but only for the folk who don't have the mod.

Meh. At least I can turn the MRP formatting off..
12-15-07, 09:18 PM   #4
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Try RPHelper 2!

Since a vera great portion o'th'Mazzle UI can be updated via tools like jWowUpdater (m'personal fav'rit), may I suggest th'AddOn tha' I use tae surprise an' entertain m'vassals an' huntmates?

RPHelper2 - Ace based an'ye can install it via things like jWowUpdater... or tha' link in white.

Its FuBar addon does have a minor snag - it fergets t'show icon only, so I tend tae tap th'menus tae fix it, but it otherways RPs on a huge portion o'events. Design away an' RP as appropos f'r ye!

-- Mort, Blooded Rose

P.S. No reassson to lissten to the dwarf. Jusssst do assss he sssuggessstssss.
- Mort, Briar Rose

(neither of whom have ever RP'd anywhere . )

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Adding an RP Mod