12-01-08, 06:12 AM   #1
MazZer
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Hex AddOn

Hey! The last days i've been looking for a good Hex addon for Shamans, but I've failed. So here's my request.

Name suggestions: Hexified or Ribbit/Ribbid
Functions: A frame that displays what target you got hex on, timer and warnings. Also a party/raid chat output that tells people what target I'm throwing hex at AND if it was successful or if it failed (cos sometimes it misses, especially as a resto shaman with 0 hit rating). Also an option on what the chat outputs should say would be nice.

I currently use a macro:
Code:
/cast Hex
/me turns %t into a frog. Ribbid!
But as i usually spam the hex-button 2-4 times and the /me message gets spammed into the chat, which is annoying.

I'm not a good programmer at all so I would really appreciate if someone could make an addon like this. I've talked to a couple of other shamans about it and they want something like this aswell, so it would be a popular addon.

//MazZer
12-01-08, 07:30 AM   #2
tyeni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
tellmeWhen can do what you are looking for. you can add Hex to your cooldown bar and it will tell you when it is up.

TellMeWhen
12-01-08, 08:44 AM   #3
MazZer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by tyeni View Post
tellmeWhen can do what you are looking for. you can add Hex to your cooldown bar and it will tell you when it is up.

TellMeWhen
Thanks, but that doesn't exacly do the job. What I still miss is a chat output on successful or failed cast.
12-01-08, 08:54 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

use your macro with the mod.
12-01-08, 08:56 AM   #5
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
use your macro with the mod.
Well one of his problems was that the macro he's using tends to spam the chat window, so that's not really an option ...

Lemme look around for something, maybe I can find something for sheeping or so, it shouldn't be too hard to modify such a thing.
12-01-08, 09:49 AM   #6
MazZer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
Lemme look around for something, maybe I can find something for sheeping or so, it shouldn't be too hard to modify such a thing.
Thanks mate. I appreciate it.
12-01-08, 12:07 PM   #7
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I couldn't really find any thing useful ... maybe some kind shaman will make such an addon in time.
12-01-08, 02:47 PM   #8
Farok
A Kobold Labourer
I use DoTimer to track FlameShock/LavaBurst and all that other cool stuff. You can set up a notification based on timer length remaining, for instance you could set up one that announces you have hexed a target, upon successful application of the spell, and one for a reminder 10 seconds before it breaks. All around an AWESOME addon, I'm using it for all my characters now.
12-01-08, 04:01 PM   #9
tyeni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Farok View Post
I use DoTimer to track FlameShock/LavaBurst and all that other cool stuff.
DoTimer and Ellipis both aare able to trach other mobs without having to focus them and have the capability to announce when the debuff or buff has ended or broken. Still not sure if there are any addons that let you know if it was failed or not besides MSTB, SCT or Parrot. They are also customizable to show failed casts. That way you can still use your macro to announce and use ellipsis, DoTimer or whatever buff/debuff watch mod you choose.
12-01-08, 05:51 PM   #10
Codermik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by MazZer View Post
Hey! The last days i've been looking for a good Hex addon for Shamans, but I've failed. So here's my request.

Name suggestions: Hexified or Ribbit/Ribbid
Functions: A frame that displays what target you got hex on, timer and warnings. Also a party/raid chat output that tells people what target I'm throwing hex at AND if it was successful or if it failed (cos sometimes it misses, especially as a resto shaman with 0 hit rating). Also an option on what the chat outputs should say would be nice.

I currently use a macro:
Code:
/cast Hex
/me turns %t into a frog. Ribbid!
But as i usually spam the hex-button 2-4 times and the /me message gets spammed into the chat, which is annoying.

I'm not a good programmer at all so I would really appreciate if someone could make an addon like this. I've talked to a couple of other shamans about it and they want something like this aswell, so it would be a popular addon.

//MazZer
Try Natur Enemy Castbar or Afterlife Crowd Control. Afterlife is more biased towards Hex and other crowd control spells so will probibly be more suitable for you.
12-03-08, 11:52 AM   #11
MazZer
A Murloc Raider
Ok guys i'm gonna look into the mentioned AddOns. Thanks all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hex AddOn