Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-01-05, 11:23 PM   #1
[HM]CodeMaster
A Murloc Raider
Question In-game Thottbot alternative (this is not a "embedding thott browser in WoW" thread)

I am quoting my own post in curse-gaming.com:

Firstly, I must say that I have not done any LUA programming or UI mod myself. (looking forward to learning it though, shouldn't be too hard)

Theoritically this should be possible, as thottbot can gather location of targeted NPC into a file for later submission to the web. Now rather than only saving information in text file, if the info is spammed into the public channel, and other people running the addon just catch the info received from that channel, and save in a text file in their own computer, we can create a network of in-game NPC information database.

Furthermore, working in P2P basis, users can search the location of NPCs and make it show up in world map/minimap (should be doable when tie to map note) or if the record is not found locally, a search query can be sent through the same public channel and other user with the addon will return the result.

With enough users, the database can quickly and accurately grow as the information is propagated throughout the realm.

Please respond regarding the probability in implementing the idea, Thanks!

Last edited by [HM]CodeMaster : 07-01-05 at 11:27 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » In-game Thottbot alternative (this is not a "embedding thott browser in WoW" thread)